Chapter 11

Sofia

I've been at the hospital for 3 days now and only now I am I finally getting discharged. We had to wait extra because we had to send Dante the discharge papers as he is still my legal guardian.

Supposedly he will be charged with child neglection or something. My brothers are taking me to court right now. Today is the day they get to fight to be my guardians. I am surprised that they didn't ask me any questions the whole time.

They wanted to hold off the meeting for as long as possible because they wanted me to recover fully but that only got us a few days extra.

Nazaire told me that my other brothers visited me yesterday while I was asleep. I am a little annoyed about that. But I can now positively say that I have already gotten much closer with the brothers I have met.

I found out that Elijah is actually a doctor. Emiliano is not very talkative. I don't think he really likes me. Elijah just said it's because he missed me a lot.

Luckily Nazaire is so nice. I feel really comfortable around him. It's easy to talk to him because he is my age and he always has things to talk about. I don't know if I will ever be able to trust my other brothers like I trust Nazaire. They just all have like dark auras and I feel like they are hiding something. Maybe that's just me being paranoid.

After talking to Nazaire for hours on end I found out that he is actually the captain for his school basketball team and that all my other brothers play basketball too.

All of Nazaire's stories made me forget I was in hospital. I just hope they don't hate me after they find out what happened what really happened.

***

"Okay Sofia don't worry. You will only be asked a few questions and then you can sit down."

"Okay, I'll try my best" I replied.

Elijah gave me a quick hug and kissed my forehead before we entered the room. There was at least 50 people in there including some of my brothers, Dante and Maya.

My brothers' faces were emotionless, Maya had an encouraging smile on her face and Dante...... well he looked like he wanted to kill someone. And that someone was me.

I walked over to where I was told to stand and quickly rubbed my sweaty palms off my jeans.

"Sofia Marchetti, sister of Lorenzo and Elijah Marchetti. Correct?"

"Y-yes sir." I responded to the judge.

"Let's proceed. How long have you known Dante Costello Ms. Marchetti?"

"Nearly my whole life."

"And were you always under the care of Mr. Costello?"

"N-no sir. I was first under the care of Maria Costello who passed away when I was six years old. After her death Dante took me."

"And may I ask if Mr. Costello has ever hurt or assaulted you?"

I looked over to Dante to see him sending a threatening glare at me.

"Not that I can re-call sir." I lied.

"Then how did you break your ribs Miss. Marchetti?"

"It was m-my own fault. I was standing on a chair in my kitchen and fell off."

"And you didn't think to tell Mr. Costello that you hurt yourself?"

"I didn't want to cause unnecessary trouble." I gulped nervously.

"Very well. And what about your broken window. Something like that suggests you were trying to escape your room or something."

"I-I........."

No. I didn't want to answer that. I didn't even want to talk about it. What was I meant to say?

I remained silent for a few seconds and as if Maya could sense my nervousness, she concluded the questioning.

"I think that's enough questioning judge." Maya stated.

"Of course, thank you for your time, Ms. Marchetti."

I was led out of the room and back to the waiting area. There I met an impatient Nazaire who instantly ran and hugged me as soon as he saw me. I was getting so used to his hugs now. He hugged me like at least 10 times a day, if not more.

"How did it go? Did you answer all the questions?"

"It was okay. I answered most of the questions. The only hard part now is the waiting."

We sat in silence for a few minutes until Nazaire spoke up.

"Listen Sofia...... I wanted to apologize."

"Apologize? What for?"

"For not finding you sooner. Maybe if we had tried harder, we wouldn't have been apart for so lon-"

"Nazaire are you serious? You have nothing to apologize for. This was nobody's fault. I myself do not know the reason why I was given away. And at the present moment I don't really care, all that matters is that we are together now. I just hope that the rest of your brothers are as welcoming as you."

"Our brothers."

"Right, our brothers."

_________________________
OH MY GOSH GUYS!!! WE HAVE ALMOST REACHED 2K READS!!!!!
Thank you so much!
I'm sorry this chapter is kinda short but I hope you still enjoyed it!

What do you guys think will happen to Dante?