Chapter 36

Sofia

I quickly ran into the bathroom hoping he didn't see my face. If he saw me he would just probably laugh at me for getting slapped by that bitch Kaylie. I would not allow myself to be tormented by him.

I looked in the mirror and it seemed like the hand mark had gotten even darker in the past minute. I took some concealer out of my pocket and tried to cover it up to the best of my abilities. It looked really cakey, but it was better than nothing. I just hoped the mark would fade away before the show on Friday.

I took a few more deep breaths before deciding to walk out of the bathroom. Suddenly someone's arm extended forward and blocked my path. I turned my head to see the ugliest monster I've ever seen. Xander. I guess he had noticed me earlier.

"What do we have here? A little bitch skipping class?" Xander sarcastically questioned.

"And what are you doing?" I countered back rolling my eyes.

"Lorenzo won't be happy when he hears that his little sister prefers to prance through the hallways instead of learning?"

"Ok so let me go so I can get back to my class."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you stink like shit and I don't want to be near you any longer."

"Excuse me? What did you-"

"You're excused." And with that I sashayed away (Kaylie style).

Is exactly what I wish had happened if I had enough swag.

As soon I walked out of the bathroom my path was blocked (for the 100th time that day) by Xander.

"Why does your face look like that?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't."

"So why are you asking?"

"Why not?"

"Whatever." That was how the conversation really ended. I walked away realising that if Xander even suspected something was wrong with me he might report it back to any of my brothers.

All I had to do was make through the rest of the day without my make-up smudging off. Easy peasy!

I entered the classroom again sat in my seat next to Nico. If I didn't know any better I would say that he looked pretty concerned.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" he whispered.

"No."

"Are you sure your brothers aren't hurting you?"

"I already told you; they wouldn't lay a finger on me. Now can you please just leave it. I don't want to talk about it. You don't even want to be friends with me so why would I tell you anything?"

"I-..."

Pfft of course he has nothing else to say. Why the hell is he even a part of Kenna's friend group. Fuck him with his acting all nice bullshit. As soon as he found out who my brothers were he decided to give me a cold shoulder. Fakest friend ever.

I decided to forget about Nico and just listen to Ms. Achille explaining some grammatical rules of future tense even if I already knew everything.

"Listen up everybody! Since next month we will be inviting some Italians to our school I would like you all to complete some partner projects on specific topics. I've already chosen the partners but you can choose whatever topic you want."