Chapter Twenty-One

Matteo

"You're wasting my fucking time." I shoved the knife deeper into his thigh, "Who do you fucking work for?"

The blood seeped out of him, but the fucker was more stubborn than a mule. He kept quiet. His eyes were so swollen, that he could barely see through them. His face was bloody, bruised, and the rest of him was barely keeping up.

I kept him alive, but just. Just until I've taken every bit of information out of him. I've been trying to get information out of him for four days. Four fucking days.

It's been four tiring days since Sofia was taken. Her friend Alexis had called me from Sofia's phone crying at the same time I got a piece of her hair sent to me.

My men, Doyle's men, and Kovalyov's men were all looking for her and trying to find out who took her and where she was.

It didn't take long for me to find the rat that was chained up on my wall right now in the basement.

Tony was able to track who took the photos by hacking the cameras and then all he had to was run some facial recognition shit, and then there he was, the snitch.

Thankfully for Tony, it didn't take too long to find him. I was so on fucking edge, I wanted to kill somebody, someone.

Anyone.

His name was Riccardo Castro. He worked in my club as a bartender. I thought he would be a weak link like my last rat from a year ago, but he wasn't. He hadn't said a single word.

He took his torture and punishments bravely. If he wasn't a fucking spy, I would actually be proud of his strength and loyalty.

I twisted the knife into the skin of his thigh and saw him make a face of pain and then he let it out in shallow breaths.

"You know something, Ricky? Can I call you Ricky? We've been at this for days and I feel like we're on a nickname basis." I spoke, keeping the knife deep into his thigh.

"I heard you're an orphan. No mom or dad. No siblings either." I suddenly pulled the knife right out and placed my knee against it for pressure. He yelped but didn't say anything else.

"I thought, how am I going to get him to speak? Then my man Tony here did some research. Turns out, you have a nonna that lives in the Wellness home. She's the one that raised you and took care of you. Sa di aver cresciuto un codardo?" (You think she knows she raised a coward?)

His eyes went wide at my words, and I saw a slight crack in his façade. "Fuck you, Matteo."

"I've never thought about harming an old woman like herself, that's below me. But I don't mind bringing her here to witness your death. Now that is not below me."

I moved my knee, loosening the pressure and he grunted in pain as he cursed under his breath.

"I'm going to give you one more chance to tell me who the fuck you work for." I patted his cheek lightly.

"It's the same man who plotted the murder of your wife." He spat, blood dripping out of his mouth.

"I killed Jakub already. I took his life that night we found Isabella."

He cackled hysterically and the sound almost gave me chills. "Jakub wasn't a part of it. Jakub was a pawn."

"Stop fucking talking in riddles." I snapped.

"You really are the dumbest Don  I've ever seen in my life. It's a good thing your father isn't here to see you."

"Watch your fucking mouth." Leonardo cursed stepping from behind me and giving him a punch in the gut. He doubled over but kept laughing like a maniac.