PLANNING A DATE/MEETING

"What?" Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his first commander and friend staring at him, with a taunting smirk.

"Why the hell are you grinning like an idiot? Do I have something hanging out of my pants?" Irritated, Vsar looked at the front of his pants that he had just buttoned. No, there was nothing out of the ordinary sticking out...

"No, Vsar, there's nothing hanging out of your pants except your tail..., but that one's on your ass and not in front of you." Reclining on the large sofa, his long massive legs stretched out in front of him.

With a smirk on his face, Rhán watched as his friend and clan leader prepared for the next meeting with the female leader Ellen.

She had reached out two days earlier and wanted to talk about how they could get the two groups in touch. In other words, she was open to a collaboration between the women and the Shri'Traccal men.

"You look like a tekli on your way to his girl..." Rhán managed to dodge as Vsar threw a small dagger at him and howled with laughter.

"Are you so nervous you can't even hit me, old man? You can't say I'm a small target..." With a roar, Vsar ducked for his friend, but Rhán had already seen him coming and had swiftly jumped off the couch.

Quickly the giant made his way to the entrance and turned to a growling Vsar.

"I'll leave you now, so you can make yourself presentable to Ellen..."

When the door closed with a soft hiss, he heard a metal object ricochet against the door and started laughing loudly. Oh yeah! His friend definitely had a soft spot for the little human woman.

Cursing out loud, Vsar gathered the daggers he'd thrown at that jackass. Huh, best friend... right...shrunken tail on my ass!

Still, he couldn't suppress a grin. Rhán was right though, he did want to impress the little female.

When she had contacted him the very next day, a zest for life had surfaced in him, something he hadn't felt for a long time... and it felt damn good.

No, he had no romantic feelings for the woman, but the simple fact of being around a woman again was enough. Women smelled differently, moved differently, everything about a woman was different and he'd been surrounded only by men for so long... That was all...

But the grin seemed to be plastered on his face and he shook his head at his own idiocy, he really did act like a tekli....

After putting on his shirt, he looked at himself in the mirror. His dark green shirt still fitted perfectly, showing off his scars and scaly skin, and although his pants were already well worn, it had no holes and was clean. He fastened his protective armour around his waist, sheathed the daggers on his upper leg, and checked himself one last time in the mirror.

Yeah, he was ready...

▪️▪️▪️▪️

Pressing the com button on her wristband was the scariest thing she'd ever done in her entire life, and she considered herself lucky that the Tároc couldn't see her sweaty and trembling hands.

Almost immediately a voice answered her call, but it was not the Tároc's, who had a younger, kinder voice and she felt a twinge of disappointment.