TAIL TALES

"What are you doing?" Curious, Ellen walked over to the gigantic man who was rummaging in a bag.

Her eyes widened when, to her surprise, he conjured up a cloth, food and drinks, and she began to laugh.

"What did you think? If I bring something sweet, I'll get everything done with her?" With her head tilted to the side and her hands placed at her sides, Ellen looked at him with twinkling eyes.

Imperturbable, Vsar continued to prepare the picnic spot, and only when he was done, he looked up at Ellen with a mischievous grin.

"I've told you before, you can't blame me for trying something." And with a big step he stood before her.

With her hands still placed on her hips, her head tilted all the way back to face him, she gave him a genuine smile.

"Are all Shri'Traccal men this romantic? Because if so, they will have few problems getting a womans attention, trust me! Most women like their men tough and romantic!"

Vsar shrugged. "I don't know if the rest of my men are like this, but putting in a little effort to court a lady never hurts... right?" And with a graceful gesture of his arm, he invited her to sit on the rug.

As she sat down on the blanket, Ellen took an admiring look at the food he'd brought with him. There were various fruits, nuts, cold meats both raw and roasted and to her surprise there were also bread and cheese available and she gave him a questionable look.

Seeing the startled look on her face, Vsars grin, grew. "A little white-haired, slightly deaf birdie gave me this when I came to ask for advice this morning..." And wiggled his thick, scally brows at her.

Hearing his humorish, dry answer to her un-asked question, Ellen burst out into laughter, she should have known that Dakota and her mother had had something to do with it. "Did they give you the idea of ​​the picnic?" Still hickupping with laughter, she looked at him.

"Nah, I already knew I wanted to take you here for lunch, or picnic as you so beautifully call it, but I needed to know what you would like to eat. I like raw meat, but I didn't get the impression you might appreciate that..."

Sitting down enjoying the food, Ellen couldn't help but curiously watching him as he sat down next to her, his long tail curling itself along his legs.

"How does it work?" She finally asked, not able to take her eyes of his lazily swaying tail. I mean, does it have a mind of its own, do you comand it with your mind...? It's truly fascenating..."

Vsar looked at his tail. He supposed it probably fascinated her as humans didn't have tails to begin with, but to him it was nothing more than a... tail...

"I guess you can compare it with an arm, you also use that without thinking about it. Basically this is the same thing..."

Although a little embarressed, Ellen couldn't resist asking. "Can I touch it?"

Not in the least startled at her question, Vsar gave her a mischievous smile. "Sure..., but only if your going to sit right here..." and pointed at the spot, directly next to him.

Within mere seconds, Ellen moved herself from her previous spot, to almost on his lap and gave him a bright smile. "Like this you mean?"

Vsar trew his head back and roared with laughter, his long thick hair swept across the gound behind him.

The thick skin on his tail felt rough, dry and warm to her hands and she stroke it very softly admiring the beautifull collorations of his scales, totally oblivious of his reaction to her gentle touch.