Chapter 1: The Magazine

Seoul. The capital of South Korea. A huge metropolis with almost 10 million inhabitants. Impressive palaces, Buddhist temples, and modern skyscrapers are only a small part of what there's to discover. For Jeon Jungkook, it's still not enough.

[Jungkook's office]

"The same thing over and over again."

Jungkook whispers to himself before taking the last sip of his coffee from the black cup. His face contorts as the cold coffee touches his lips. No wonder. After all, it's already stale. Lately, Jungkook tends to look out the window to shut off his thoughts. He, as the CEO of Gucci, has his office on the tenth floor, which is also the highest floor of the skyscraper. The view of the capital is breathtaking, but at the same time kind of...boring?

('At least the sky looks different today.')

He thinks as he looks outside once more. Dusk is coloring the sky orange.

It's good to see a little color, because his office is dominated by white and black

It's good to see a little color, because his office is dominated by white and black. It may be modern, but at the same time it's kind of drab.

Even the beautiful capital of South Korea loses its charm at some point, especially when someone sees it every day

Even the beautiful capital of South Korea loses its charm at some point, especially when someone sees it every day. And that's exactly what Jungkook does. And his occupation? Yes, actually, he loves his job. It's a great honour for him to continue the family business that has existed for several generations.

His great-grandfather is the founder of the fashion brand "Gucci". He had Italian roots, but married a Korean woman: Jungkook's great-grandmother. He left his home country and gave up everything for her. Who would have thought that an Italian fashion company would become so successful in Korea? Jungkook was allowed to follow in his father's footsteps.

As the current CEO, he's very popular. He's considered charming and handsome; women are crazy about him. He could have any woman but somehow no one has ever managed to win his heart. He also shows no interest in others, preferring instead to focus on his work. But even that has been difficult for him in the last few days. Jungkook leans back on his desk chair, his palms resting on the back of his head.