Chapter 7: The Farm

Jungkook and Taehyung arrive at the farm in the bright midday sun. The three-hour drive didn't seem that long to them. Taehyung makes Jungkook lose his sense of time and place, and all he has to do is simply exist. A lot has changed between them since yesterday. Jungkook finally manages to have a conversation with him without stuttering confusedly.

Also, Taehyung seems to have become more open. During the car ride, they talked about many personal things, such as their families or friends. Jungkook is looking forward to meeting Jimin. From the stories Taehyung told, he seems really nice. And he's Taehyung's best friend, the lucky one. Although... Jungkook wouldn't want to trade places with him for a very specific reason. Good friend... best friend...that's not enough for him. Boyfriend? Jungkook catches himself grinning at this thought.

"Thanks for the ride, Mr. Jeon," Taehyung says before getting out of the car.

"My pleasure."

Jungkook slams the car door behind him and looks around. He parked the car not far from Taehyung's tractor. Memories come flooding back, making Jungkook smile immediately. He's indeed filled with anticipation, who knows what the next few days will bring?

"Welcome back to my world."

"I'm looking forward to it."

"But there's one more thing. Well... actually, I have a favor to ask of you."

"What can I do?" Jungkook frowns questioningly.

"Please call me by name."

He still doesn't understand what Taehyung is getting at.

"By your name?"

"Yes. No more Mr. Kim, just Taehyung."

Jungkook looks at him with his mouth open. This came random and somehow it feels like a big step. Outside of his family, there aren't many people who call Jungkook by his first name. He can count those people on one hand.

"Come on. We're not strangers anymore."

"Taehyung..." Jungkook whispers softly, enjoying the feeling on his lips "...then I'll be Jungkook from now on, no more Mr. Jeon."

"Jungkook."

That smile...and the way he pronounces his name...Jungkook feels the racing heart in his chest, beating as if he were running a marathon. But suddenly, Taehyung's gaze passes him by. Jungkook looks behind his right shoulder to find the reason for his distraction. Is that Jimin? In the distance, he spots a young blond man who looks just as confused as Jungkook himself.

 Is that Jimin? In the distance, he spots a young blond man who looks just as confused as Jungkook himself

"May I introduce you to Jimin?"

So, this is actually Jimin. He's prettier than Jungkook thought.

"Sure, I'd love to."

"Thank you."

Slowly, they walk side by side, toward Jimin who approaches the two young men.

"I already told him about you, but he didn't know you were coming here. That's probably why he looks so surprised."