Epilogue

[10 years later – Forest]

"Wait for me, sister! You're running too fast!"

"Hurry up, you lame duck! Even Yeontan thinks you're too slow!"

"Woof!"

A little boy and a little girl, 8 and 9 years old, are running in a forest near a farm

A little boy and a little girl, 8 and 9 years old, are running in a forest near a farm. The girl is holding the dog leash tightly in her right hand.

"Slow down!"

"All right."

The sister waits a short moment for her little brother and then takes him by the hand.

"Today we'll find the tree that daddy told us about! I know it!"

"How do you know? Don't run so fast!"

"Sometimes you just know things. You know that Daddy knew right away that Dad was the one for him, too."

"Yes, you're right."

Laughing, they run deeper and deeper into the forest with their little dog at their side.

"Not so far, sister. Or we'll get in trouble."

"Oh, don't be such a scaredy-cat!"

[A while later]

"I found it!!! Come over here!"

"Really?"

Full of anticipation, the little boy runs to his sister who is waiting in front of a big tree.

"Look! There's the inscription: "Taekook." Right here is where dad proposed to dad. That's so cute!!! Aaah."

She's very happy about her discovery and shrieks with joy.

"This is kind of cheesy. But yes, this is the tree."

"You don't know anything about romance! We've been looking for this tree for days. Where's your enthusiasm?"

"Yeah...great...can we go now?"

Annoyed, the big sister rolls her eyes and goes back to the farm.

"Are you coming?"

"Wait for me!"

"Why are you so slow?"

[A few steps later]

"Sis?"

"Yes?"

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Me? Well..."

She looks down at Yeontan, who looks at her with his happy dog eyes. Smiling, she gives her brother the answer.

"I think I would like to take over our father's farm one day. Yes, that would be my big dream. But I would definitely like to buy a lot of horses so I can ride as much as I want. What about you?"

"I would like to take over Uncle Jin's company, where Dad is still working for a few days."

"Really? Don't you think that's boring?"

"No, I don't think so. I had a great time spending a day with Uncle Jin at the office."

"That was an exception... well, it's your choice."

"But sister?"

"Yeah?"

"We'll always stay together no matter what, right?"

She stops and turns to her little brother to give him a loving hug.

"Of course! We will always stay together! I'll always be there for you and take care of you!"

"One day, when I'm bigger than you, I'll be the one who takes care of you!"

"I know you will!"

She gives him a tender kiss on the head.

"But now we really should go, otherwise our fathers will get mad because we were gone FOR too long! Come on!"

"WAIT FOR ME!"

And so, the two children run back to the farm, back home, where Taehyung and Jungkook are already waiting for them.

- THE END -

Cover made by @_BLACKSPADESZ