Chapter 4: The Meeting

[Bar]

"Wait...what?"

"Yes, you heard it right," Jungkook says with a sly smile as he enjoys a sip of his banana milk cocktail.

Jin, in turn, holds his cocktail glass firmly in his hand so he doesn't drop it in shock. He stares into space with a questioning expression on his face, trying to let Jungkook's story sink in.

"And that's how it all happened?"

"Exactly."

This time, Jungkook's gaze also slides past Jin, as if he's fixating on a certain point in the bar...but in truth, he's just lost in his thoughts again and in a completely different place. More specifically, at a farm two and a half hours away from him, which he visited just a few hours ago. By now it's already 11pm, but he didn't want to wait until tomorrow. He just had to tell Jin as soon as possible.

"This farmer just agreed to do this shooting? Even though you didn't even tell him the salary? Wow...he must be really poor."

"I don't think that's the reason."

"Oh? What's the reason then?" Jin asks curiously.

"At least not the money."

"What makes you so sure? Let's face it, you haven't told me everything, right?"

His friend keeps asking, but Jungkook wants to spare him certain details...including the situation in the shower...the fantasies with the rope...Taehyungs sexy butt. This is called 'too much information'.

"You don't need to know everything."

"Aaaaalright, I got that."

Jin's facial expression changes as if to say something: "I know exactly what's going on."

"What call may I look forward to?" he asks his CEO.

"Kim Taehyung."

As the name leaves his lips, the corners of Jungkook's mouth form a crescent moon. And he glows just like that. Jin is confused, but somehow, he's happy to see him like this.

"Of course, I'll let you know as soon as possible when he calls me tomorrow."

Jin's voice has a teasing undertone.

"Do you really think he will call tomorrow?" Jungkook asks skeptically, but Jin is confident.

"I think so, after all, he accepted the offer without knowing anything about it. You don't just do something like that."

"Yeah, maybe ..."

The farmer's words keep running through his head.

("But I look forward to seeing you again soon.")

Is that really the reason? Jungkook wants it to be true.

"Jungkook, maybe you should go to bed and keep dreaming there. You're not even here anymore, or is it the cocktail?"

Jungkook clears his throat.

"A lot has happened today. You're right, we should go home. Thank you for coming."

"Anytime. I think we should do something like this again. You really need to get out of your apartment more often."

"You're probably right."

[Jungkook's office]

The next day, Jin enters Jungkook's office in a good mood and almost has a heart attack when he discovers the CEO sitting in his desk chair. He presses his right hand to his chest, followed by a loud sigh.