Prologue

PSA: This story isn't meant for the feint of heart. It may be triggering in many ways. It deals with physical and emotional abuse, depression, self harm, suicide idealization, and many more possible triggering things.

"Mommy no, I don't wanna." I whine struggling against her. The sound of a slap echoed through the room before I'd felt the sting of it.

"Don't be ungrateful and take what I give you! You rotten little brat!" She seethed yanking me closer.

The memory had me lurching off my bed making a mad dash to the bathroom where I emptied the contents of my stomach. Waves of nausea rolled off me for what felt like hours. I didn't know what triggered that memory but I wished it would stay buried. It was such a horrid memory, another wave of nausea washed over me, I dry heaved there wasn't anything left in my stomach to empty.

Footsteps sounded from down the hall. I knew it was dad coming to check on me, who knows how late it was but I'd probably woken him up.

"You okay bub?" Dad asked standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Yeah." I stated weakly. The nausea subsided for a moment. I hoped it would end soon.

"Come on let's get you back to bed." Dad stated picking me up off the floor, you'd think I was still six years old not seventeen. Dad was extremely fit even for his age and picked me up effortlessly.

"Thanks Dad." I whisper once I was tucked back into the comfort of my bed.

"No problem bub, now go back to sleep. You can skip tomorrow if you want." He said patting my head.

"I have a test tomorrow or I'd agree." He chuckled ruffling my hair before walking out. It would be awhile before them memory settled back into the back of my head again so there would be no sleep anytime soon. 

Maybe tomorrow would be better.