Chapther Three

G R E Y S O N

God he pissed me off. Will had a way of getting under my skin and making me think about shit I didn't want to think about. I hated him for it. School has been over for hours and all I could focus on was Will. He was ding it on purpose, trying to get under my skin. I groan and flop down against my pillows. I was even more confused than before.

"Bub? You okay?" Dad asks standing in my doorway.

"Yeah I'm fine, Dec invited a new guy to sit with us at lunch. He's ok just annoying." I say lifting myself up.

"Alright, I just came to tell you that I'm going to Lily's. I'll be back tomorrow when you get out school."

"Ok dad. Tell her I said hi." Dad nods before leaving. My phone starts ringing the minute I hear dads car leave.

"Yes Declan?" I ask not even having to look at the caller ID.

"Honey it's mom. I wanted to talk to you." I freeze hearing her voice. How'd she get my number. I thought she was still in jail and I have a restraining order. I don't even think before I hang up. I text Declan 911 as I try to do the breathing techniques my therapist taught me.

"Grey what's wrong?" Declan asks but it sounds far away, almost like it's underwater.

"She got my number." I managed to get out trying to get feeling back in my limbs. Dec is at my side instantly trying to help me calm down. I fight the flashbacks doing everything in my power to focus on Dec. The nausea returns and I lurch for the trash can, emptying the contents of my stomach. I close my eyes feeling another wave coming, dry heaving this time. The nausea lasts for a long while giving me time to calm down enough.

"Are you okay?" Dec asks once I lean back against the head board. I shake my head no and keep my eyes closed.

"How'd she get your number?" He asks from somewhere in the room.

"Don't know." It comes out in a whisper. I can hear him pacing back and forth. The feeling slowly returns to my limbs.

"I thought it was you calling so I didn't check the number, when her voice came through I was frozen. I hung up before I could ask any questions." A shiver running up my spine.

"Grey you need to tell your dad." Declan says only now do I open my eyes.

"He's dealing with enough. I'm just going to block the number. She doesn't know where we live since we moved."

"Plus there's a restraining order." I doubted that would stop her if she really wanted to talk or whatever she wanted.

"If she calls you again or you see her you have to tell your dad." Declan says and I nod in agreement.

We settle down and Dec texts his mom saying he's staying over. I knew I wouldn't get much sleep tonight. Declan made me scoot over so he could sleep in my bed.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor." Dec says getting comfortable.

"I know." I say rolling my eyes. The events of earlier replaying on a loop. Declan falls asleep with ease while I lay staring up at the ceiling.  Eventually sleep did come and I was grateful for a dreamless sleep. My alarm jolting me awake I'd managed to get three hours of sleep. Dec was already awake and waiting for me to get ready. I barely paid attention while getting dressed and managed to put my hoodie on backwards.

"You look like shit, did you get any sleep?" Dec asked after I fixed the hoodie.

"Couple hours." I answer pulling the hood up. He nods and we leave for school. Will better not push me too far today I wasn't in the mood. As if he knew I was thinking about him, I saw him standing at my locker waiting for me. I must've looked pretty bad because the smirk turned into a look of concern.