Chapter Two

W I L L I A M

My alarm startled me awake; I nearly fall off my bed when my alarm goes off again. Hopefully this new school would be better than my last one. Homophonic assholes, just because I was gay didn't mean I wanted in every guys pants.

"Honey, are you awake?" Mom called opening my door enough to see me sitting up in bed.

"Will, are you okay?" She asks coming fully in my room.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking about this new school." I smile softly at mom.

"Oh honey, this school is different. The principal is gay and makes sure that everyone of the LGBTQ+ community feels safe and at home." Mom says putting a hand on my arm. I smile letting her words comfort me, this is why I loved her.

"Anyway, get dressed and come down to breakfast. Don't forget you have to drop your brother off at school on your way." She says as she leaves.

"I'll be down in a little bit mom." I respond. I managed to find a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. They worked enough for the first day. After breakfast I got my brother into the car and we were off.

"Are you nervous bud?" I ask glancing at him. Asher was in middle school and he wasn't very talkative.

"No." Asher said looking out the window.

"It'll be ok, mom says this school is different." I say trying to reassure him.

"Yeah, she said that last time too." I felt bad, we had to move because of me. Asher was picked on because his big brother was gay. What a cruel world we live in.

"I know, I'm sorry bud." I hated that my sexuality impacted him, he was a kid and didn't deserve any of it. We didn't talk the rest of the way to his school.

"Thanks for the ride, I get out at three." Asher says before walking into the building. Here's to hoping this school really is different. The high school was across the street from the middle school. I park and walk into the building, the office was easy to find.

"You must be William!" The secretary greeted sounding excited.

"I am, do you by chance have my schedule?" I ask smiling at her.

"Why yes I do, here you go sweetheart. Your locker number and combination is on the top." She smiled handing me the paper and a map of the school.

"Thank you Betty." I say reading the name tag on her desk.

"No problem if you need anything honey just come see me." Betty reminded me of my grandma. She was sweet and warm.

My locker was near a group of guys who looked like football players. They looked at me interested in the new kid.

"Hey I'm Hayes." One greeted, he was tall and bulky with deep blue eyes and perfect teeth. Hayes was cute, buff guys weren't my type.

"I'm Will." I say closing my locker.

"What classes do you have?" Another guy asked, he was blonde tall and kind lanky.

"Here." I say handing him my scheduled. He smiled looking it over. He was more my type, if he wasn't an asshole. Most jocks tended to me complete jerks.

"Cool, we have third together. I'm Jamie." He says handing my schedule back. Two guys walked past and one caught my eye. He was tall and had some muscle, probably could play football. His hair was covering his eyes a little. He was hot and my type. The guy he was walking next to was about the same height with blonde hair and seemed like more of a trouble maker. He was cute too.