Chapter Eight

W I L L I A M

After being questioned by the cops they let us go, Grey called Lily to fill her in. She said she'd meet us at the hospital. Declan decided he'd drive so I could comfort Grey. I sent my mom a text letting her know what happened, she also said she'd be meeting us there.

"Sunshine, my mom is meeting us at the hospital." I whispered close to his ear. He perked up his eyes widened.

"She wants to meet you." Grey nods trying to smile a little. I wondered if that would be too much for him to handle tonight; but he read the question in my eyes.

"It's fine Will, I trust you. I know you won't let anyone hurt me." That makes my heart flutter for a moment. I lean down and kiss the top of his head. It's mostly silent for the rest of the car ride.

"Hi, my dad was admitted I was wondering where his room was?" Grey smiled at the receptionist, she smiled back.

"What's his name sweetheart?"

"Henry Shepard."

"Ah room 201 second floor, take a left when you step off the elevator." Grey nodded his thanks and motioned for us to follow him.

"How'd you do that?" Declan asks once we're in the elevator.

"Do what?" Grey asks, all the confidence he just had drained and now he just looks worried.

"Uh I don't know talk to her, she's a random stranger." Grey shrugs biting his lip lightly.

"The worry for his dad out weighs the anxiety with women." I answer grabbing Grey's hand. Declan looks amused but rolls his eyes. I could see how tired Grey was; it was almost like all of his energy was sapped from him. Grey got really pale suddenly, his hand flew over his mouth.

"He's gonna puke." I say to Dec as the elevator doors open. Greyson sprints from it to the nearest trash can. He slumps next to if after emptying his stomach followed by a shudder.

"You okay Sunshine?" I ask squatting down next to him. I gently reach out to cup his cheek; Grey only nods with his eyes closed. When I glance back at Declan he looks nervous.

"Your okay, I've got you." Grey nuzzles against my hand lightly. I really hope he will be ok after tonight. It could go one of two ways: he's fine or it's a huge set back. After a few minutes we go to Henry's room, he's still asleep. The air feels like wading through honey. Lily jumps up when we walk in.

"Greyson are you okay?" She asks frantically reaching for him and holding him to her. I feel his whole body seize up for a moment.

"I'm ok Lily." He whispers wrapping his free arm around her. This proves how strong he is and he doesn't even realize. There's a soft knock on the door before my mom pops her head in.

"Hi, I'm Taylor Will's mom." She smiles softly and sticks her hand out for Lily.

"Mom, this is Lily, Declan, and Greyson." I say motioning to each of them. Her eyes light up when they land on Grey.

"It's nice to meet you Greyson, I wish it was under better circumstances." Mom smiles softly. She holds her arms open for him to decide if he wants a hug. Dec and I share a look before watching Greyson.

Grey surprises everyone by stepping into my mom's arms for a hug. She holds him like he's fragile; his arms wrap around her tightly. Mom's eyes light in surprise, Declan's jaw drops. I guess this means today wasn't a complete setback; if nothing it seems like a step in the right direction. There's a commotion in the hallway before the door is thrown open. There's a woman I don't recognize standing there searching the room. When they land on Greyson my stomach drops.