Chapter Fourteen

D E C L A N

Grey stared at Will and I, it seemed like something finally clicked for him. Will and I had already figured out a solution but it was entirely up to Grey.

Last night I had talked to Will; finally admitting that I didn't just like Greyson but him as well. While he was up for a poly relationship, he also wanted Grey to figure it out himself. I could respect that; besides if Greyson didn't want that no harm done.

We were all quiet at breakfast and during the car ride to school. It wasn't uncomfortable just tense. Hopefully today wasn't too bad; but given how many people tried to talk to me Friday...

"You guys ready for the questions?" I ask gently.

"I really hope there was some drama over the weekend. That way they leave us alone." Grey says leaning back against the headrest. With the news of his scars, relationship, and the fire all focus would be on him. Grey hated that more than anything, the attention would probably have a negative effect on him. Maybe it would be okay; I honestly didn't know how much more Grey could handle. On top of everything he decided to skip the hoodie today.

"How many spoons do you have?"

"Negative ten." I nodded even if he couldn't see. {A/N: if you know you know.}

A few years ago I had seen something about using spoons to measure how much mental capacity you had for things. It was something I ended up explaining to Grey and then implementing. It was a way to ask without any expectations on his part.

"How many spoons do you have?" He asked turning slightly to look at me.

"Six and a half." Grey nods, he liked the method because nobody understood what the hell we meant.

"It's a good thing I know what that means. Otherwise I'd think y'all are crazy." Will laughs. Except Will knew everything somehow; I truly don't understand how he knows so much about everything. If I'm being honest though it's helpful.

"What about you Will?" Grey asks softly.

"Seven." After that it falls back to silence until we get to school. As I expected everyone is staring at us. Will handles it with ease putting an arm around Grey. I can see Greyson relax, Will brought him a level of comfort that nobody else did. It made me a little jealous; but I do know that they've been working on that.

Luckily nobody tried to talk to us, Will walked Grey to his locker giving him a kiss before going to his. Will smiled softly at me and I returned it.

"How am I going to survive the whole day?" Grey asked suddenly pulling my attention.

"No clue, people were bugging me Friday. If you need a hoodie I have one in my locker." I offer but he shakes his head.

"Nah, I'll be fine. Probably." I grin and roll my eyes. We walk to class together finding our seats. Science is first so we're seated at lab tables. I can almost feel Greyson's nerves so reach over grabbing his hand under the table.

"Breathe." I whisper he only nods. Class comes and goes without incident, I have to leave Grey for second period.

"Will you be okay?" I ask when we get to his classroom.

"Yeah." But it sounds like he's unsure. Fumbling around in my bag I hand over a hoodie. It was his comfort hoodie; you could tell because it was well loved.

"Thank you Dec." He smiles warmly. Shrugging I leave for my own class finding Will.

"How's he doing?" Will ask after I sit down.