Chapter Twelve

G R E Y S O N

There weren't words for what I was feeling. Everything was gone. Every memory was gone, destroyed by that fire. Such a suffocating feeling, I couldn't breathe.

A gentle hand snapped me from my spot on the floor. I had ended up in the corner with my knees to my chest. Declan sat down next to me, I spot Will and his mom by the door.

"Give me your hands." Dec said holding his out. My knuckles were busted and bleeding. Declan cleaned and wrapped them for me. I didn't even feel the pain from the rubbing alcohol; honestly I didn't even notice I'd busted my knuckles.

"Come on." Declan says pulling me up. I numbly follow him, we end up back in Will's room. I didn't have any words, nothing would come out anyway. Declan kept a gentle grasp on my hand once we were in Will's room.

"Is it ok if I stay?" Declan asks turning to look at Will's mom.

"Of course. Greyson let me know if you need anything okay?" She says wearily, I nod slowly. Asher is looking at me with more concern than a twelve year old should.

"I'm fine Ash, you don't have to worry." I say mustering up the best smile I can. He doesn't look convicted though; I ruffle his hair lightly.

"I promise I'm ok." He nods offering his own smile. My vision gets fuzzy around the edges, I'm going down before I can reach for Declan. Will catches me.

"Sorry." I murmur before I pass out.

When I wake up I'm sandwiched between Will and Declan. They are watching something, my hands hurt now.

"Feels like I got hit by a truck." I groan.

"Glad you're awake Sunshine." Will says running his hand through my hair.

"Sorry for passing out suddenly."

"It's okay, you did scare the crap out of mom and Asher though."

"Declan explained, so you're fine. Quit worrying I can see it." Will says gently. It's been awhile since I passed out like that; without having a panic attack first. The adrenaline suddenly leaves my body and takes my energy with it.

"Thanks for wrapping my hands." I whisper turning to face Declan. He looks down at me and shrugs. It takes me a few seconds to realize I'm wearing a hoodie, I wasn't wearing one earlier. My comfort hoodie.

"I put the hoodie on you, I figured you might be more comfortable." Will says watching me. How'd he know this was my comfort hoodie?

"You didn't have to. I'm fine with just a t-shirt." I say turning back to him.

"Better safe than sorry. I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable without it." They both cared enough to make sure I was taken care of and comfortable.

"I really appreciate you guys." Will smiles softly and ruffles my hair.

"We're awesome of course you do." Dec says grinning. My heart hurt; I rubbed the area trying to ease that pain. Thank god it was Friday and I didn't have to worry about going to school tomorrow. Will lays down opening his arms for me, I don't even hesitate to be closer to him. He rubs my back gently. Declan lays down behind me and wraps an arm around my waist.

This is what I needed to be held by two of the most important people in my life. Call me sensitive I don't care I lost it and started crying. I must've cried myself to sleep because I don't remember anything after that.

A/N: We're going to do a POV swap. I wanted to give Greyson's point of view for a little before switching.
-Sam