Chapter Sixteen

G R E Y S O N

Becoming friends with Hayes and Jamie was unexpected but I honestly didn't mind. I was excited for them to come to the art exhibit Friday. I've never had many people to invite to this stuff so it was nice to finally have people.

"What are you thinking about Sunshine?" Will asks softly.

"That it's nice to have more people in our group." I murmur snuggling closer.

"Jamie and Hayes are good guys; they earned my respect today." I hum in response. We were cuddled up on the couch watching tv, Dec went to the bathroom.

"I convinced my mom to let me stay over tonight. I had a hard time sleeping last night." Dec says settling down on Will's other side.

"We would've too if not for the other activities." Will says his other arm wrapping around Dec. He hums leaning into Will.

The quiet seemed to relax everyone, my brain couldn't help but wonder to the past. Before I realized I was spiraling in silence, nothing could stop the memories from spilling out. My heart started to hurt; subconsciously I rubbed the spot.

Crystal was still out there, nothing could make me forget that. These last few days made that easier to deal with but I could feel myself stressing about it. It felt as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders and mine alone. How was I supposed to pretend everything was fine and normal. When will it all end?

I was so in my head I didn't realize Will was even talking till he squeezed my side and I flinched.

"What's wrong?" He asks looking at me.

"Nothing, you caught me off guard." I explain sitting up putting some distance between us.

"I think I'm gonna go lay down, I'm tired." I lied, both of them looked skeptical but let it go. Once I'm out of the living room I lean against the wall trying to focus on anything else.

"He's spiraling." Declan says softly.

"How do you know?"

"He flinched from your touch. That only happens when he's stuck in the memories." Dec explains sighing. I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Forcing myself to walk away was harder; I wanted nothing more than to go back. But I needed to sort out my head right now.

Will and Dec must've come in after I fell asleep because I woke up in a cold sweat between them. I was off the bed and into the bathroom puking my dinner back up. At this rate I'm gonna lose weight.

"Greyson." Will murmurs next to me.

"I'm fine." I wave him off.

"No you're not, please talk to me." Wave after wave of nausea slammed into me. It was getting bad again, I couldn't breathe. Will pulled me against him trying to calm me down.

"Breathe with me, come on Greyson." I tried but the buzzing in my head drowned everything out. My vision started going out and my body went numb.

Someone's hands held my face; I didn't know who at some point I closed my eyes.

Next thing I know I'm jolting awake again, Will and Dec were sitting next to me sleeping. When I slowly sit up my muscles scream in protest. Glancing at the clock it's six in the morning; I must've passed out during that panic attack.

Carefully I make my way to the bathroom needing a shower. The hot water slowly relaxed my sore muscles. After a few minutes I start actually showering; my mind is painfully empty. Soft knocks echo before the door opens creaking quietly.