14

C- Khotol sighed, then leaned back against the cave walls and began to drift off as well. Arivil settled in to get comfortable, keeping their attention on both the searchlights, and Thoss, just in case.

Z- *Thoss stayed relatively focused on the craft, and, for now at least, didn't seem to want to attack the sleeping orc... for now*

C- The aircraft continued its aimless search. There was suddenly a flash of light coming from the aircraft, like a gunshot, then something from the ground seemed to be drawn in by a line and carried inside. It changed its course then began to approach the area where the group was hiding. Arivil backed further into the cave nervously, casting a glance at Thoss. "Don't move."

Z- *Thoss freezes, glancing over at Arivil, before looking back at the craft, clearly confused by it, but not moving otherwise*

C- The aircraft seemed to scan the area for awhile, gradually passing overhead. It's spotlights scanned directly above where they were hidden. The reflective downpour distorted the searchlights, blurring any sight of whatever aircraft searched them. It stopped over their area for a moment, then finally went over them, continuing beyond. Arivil let out the breath they were holding. The rain continued on, though it seemed to be gradually dying down.

Z- *Thoss watches them leave, before turning to Arivil, hissing a question quietly* "What the hell was that? What did it do???"

C- "I don't know." Arivil admitted nervously. "It looked like whatever they were targeting, they got it."

Z- *He grunts; clearly not happy that he was still in the dark about this, but there was nothing he could do.* "So how about we stay here for the night?  Leave at about dawn?"

C- "I guess we don't have any other choice. I can't normally fly at night anyways." Arivil shrugged.

Z- "You're a strange little creature, arent you?" *He asks simply, an amused expression readable in his eyes as his goggles were up, though he kept the mask on, probably a smart thing, all things considered.*

C- They gave him an odd look, cocking their head. "Little... creature...?"

Z- "Whatever you are isn't human, I've never seen something just... shape-shift like you did. So what are you? Where are you from?" *Didn't seem aggressive about it... simply curious... thankfully.*

C- "I'm... not really anything... I've been called an arivil, a hybrid Rivilian. I was born on Earth like any other human, though." They said.

Z- "Doesn't sound like nothing. So you were a hybrid made in a lab?" *He raises an eyebrow, lookingnivet them.*

C- Their eyes narrowed slightly, mostly appearing... touchy about that. "Yeah, you could say that." They sighed stiffly.

Z- "So your name isn't even a name, but a label given by whoever made you, am I wrong? That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear that." *He seems... genuine about it... or he wasn't intending to sound like an asshole.*

C- Arivil frowned slightly. "I chose to be called Arivil... for complicated reasons. I'm more than just a creation, I'm a person. My name doesn't reflect that."

Z- "Alright, you do you. Just be careful... doing you around others from my "world", most of us aren't as understanding of nonhuman matters, they might try to put you down, thinking your an unnatural hybrid or something. Our government is very strict on those matters, and if you do have a Krieger with you, don't think they'd let it go." *He likely didn't get the full picture, but it was an unsettling suggestion.* "But hey, it's not my world, so I don't need to draw a bolter on you for it."

C- Arivil's brow furrowed at this knowledge. "I'm very aware of how some people can be... unaccepting of the unnatural..."

Did that make them even more unsafe around Volk? But... reflecting on their interactions, things began to add up in a different way. Volk lying about being human, then revealing himself to be that... monster... thing... Maybe it wasn't safe to mention Volk's other side here.