<1.6> Illumi-what-y?

Stephen awoke to muffled thudding echos that rang through his ears, he opened his eyes slowly and saw a handcuff around his hand, he sat up, grunting as America continued to bang the glass, shouting to the people in white long coats outside.

"This universe sucks!" America whined, her hands raised in the air as she sulked.

"Cloak?" Stephen spun around but his cloak was no where to be found. He tried casting a spell but the handcuffs had special abilitues to prevent him from using magic.

"Hey." He knocked on the glass, "Hey, lab coat! Where the hell are we?" But the guy only glanced at him for a second before turning back to his computor.

"Look, I don't know who you are, or what you think you're trying to do here, but these situations don't usually work out well, so just..." He continued as a woman came walking in the room, thanking the man as she took his place

The woman had enough of his blabbering and turned around, making Stephen freeze.

"Christine?"

"Hello, Stephen." She smiled back.

"Ay Dios." America chipped in.

"Miss Chavez." Christine nodded at her, "Uh, to answer your question, you are in a highly secure research facility. The two of you, along with your sentient cloak, are here for surveillance and testing."

"Uh... Uh, testing?" Stephen questioned, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well, yes. You're visitors from another universe, yor magnetic sigantures could be radioactive, you may be carrying diseases we just don't have the treatments for. Hence, this amazing polycarbonate fish bowls."

"I asumme I have you to thank these then?" Stephen said, holding out his handcuffed hands.

"Yes. I developed those using the Sands of Nisanti... One of 838 Stephen's magical relics."

"838 Stephen? Is that some kind of cyborg me, or-"

"Our universe is 838. And we've designated yours 616." She cut in.

"Oh, so you guys must know a lot about the Multiverse if you got someone going around naming realities."

"Yes. Me. I'm senior fellow with the Baxter Foundation, and I specialize in Multiversal research." Christine explained, walking around his cell to a computer on the other side.

"So, how'd you end up working here? wherever here is." Stephen asked as America slowly got bored of the conversation.

"Well, I volunteered... at your funeral."

"Thank you for going." He nodded.

"Your injuries, they're similar, but they're not identical, it's fascinating." She awed over the computer.

"What were we to each other in this universe?" Stephen asked, making America scoff at a corner.

"We never quite figured that out."

"Yeah? Well, that's something we got in common." Stephen said, leaving Christine chuckling dryly. "Christine, you gotta let us out of here, everyone's in real danger. Look, I know you don't know me-"

"And I don't want to." She quickly replied. "Whatever I was to you in your universe, does not matter."

"Why not?"

Christine sighed, putting the computer down. "Because you're dangerous, Stephen."

"Someone from my universe wants the girl, and she's gonna rip this place apart atom-by-atom until she gets what she wants. So I don't care, if you're from thr Avengers or S.H.E.I.L.D..."

"We're neither." Mordo said, trudging into the room with a bunch of robots following him.

"Well what then?" Stephen asked, staring him down. "H.Y.D.R.A?"

"The illuminati will see you now."

"The illumi-what-y?"