006

3rd Person's POV

Hye-jin looked around the festival while others were looking at her. The girl was wearing a black crop top and high waisted jeans with a leather jacket. She had her hair in high ponytail. She was carrying a boquet wandering around the area.

She sat at one of the seats and waited for the perfomance to start. She was becoming nervous and excited to see Go-woon.

On seeing Go-woon perform her solo part, her eyes started to fill with tears. She looked like a proud sister watching her. She stood up and started applauding when she finished the perfomance. She was really proud of her.

She went out the hall to see the teacher complimenting Go-woon. She looked at her smiling but her gaze went to the three girls who were glaring at her direction. She walked in front of them. They flinched when they saw Hye-jin glaring at them.

"What are you glaring at?? Run off before I decide to derange your faces"
They immediately scurried off from there.

She turned around to see Go-woon with Ju-kyung. She smiled and walked towards them offering the boquet at the same time as someone else.

"Oppa!!Unnie!!" she greeted while grabbing both of the bouquets.

"Han Seo-jun??" Ju-kyung looked at him suprised.

"Do you know each other??" Seo-jun asked equally suprised.

"Do you know my brother?"

"Brother??For real??" Ju-kyung asked shocked.

"I know right.. It's still unbelievable to me" Hye-jin commented.

"Ju-kyung please help me out" she said and dragged the girl. Go-woon faced Hye-jin, "Thank you for coming, unnie!!" She smiled at her.

"Go-woon it's fine and I am really proud of you!!" Go-woon smiled at her thankfully.

"Wait!!Did you guys started dating again??" Go-woon asked, judging by their similar outfit.

"That's never going to happen again Go-woon.."Hye-jin replied while Seo-jun looked at her a bit hurt.

Go-woon sadly smiled at her.
.
.
.
.
The game ended with Soo-ho winning. Soo-ho glanced at Hye-jin and walked towards Seo-jun.

"Just like you said, it was all my fault."

Seo-jun looked at him while Soo-ho continued.

"So take out your anger on me. I am willing to accept it all. But don't mess with Ju-kyung because of it. I won't let you. After what happened with Hye-jin.."

At his last sentence, Seo-jun felt guilty. He looked at Hye-jin with hurt in his eyes. While she looked confused noticing his stare.
.
.
.
.
.
Hye-jin was sitting beside Ju-kyung while watching the guy sing. Everyone applauded when the song finished.

"This song isn't widely known but it's by Jeong Se-yeon.."

On hearing his name everything around her started to get blurry. She knew what was about to come, so she wasted no time to get out of there.

Her throat became dry and everything around her felt suffocating. She ignored three of her friends who were calling out her name. She struggled to go far away. She started hearing voices

"Hye-jin do you trust me??"

"I didn't do it"

She struggled to breath as she recalled the events from that day. She was sure that she'd probably die there.

SEO-JUN'S POV

I watched Soo-ho have a panic attack and how he screamed at Ju-kyung to leave him. I was walking down the empty sideway remembering the events I just witnessed.

I looked up hearing sobs nearby and looked around to see a figure crouch down. It looked like they needed help so I ran towards the person. As I got closer, I realised it was Hye-jin.

"Hye-jin!!" I called her and she didn't look up. She was covering her head and mumbling something. It was clearly a panic attack. I shook her body which made her look up. My heart hurt seeing her at this stage.

"I tried to s-stop him. H..he di-"

"Hye-jin look at me.. Everything's going to be alright. Just breathe with me. Okay??"

I patted her hand at the same rhythm to distract her from her mind.
.
.
.
.
We were sitting beside each other. She had calmed down. "Hye-jin what triggered it??" he asked carefully.

"You know the answer to that" she mumbled. I looked at her, my eyes softened.

"What did you mean by you trying to st-"

"Seo-jun let's stop this here. You didn't see what I went through and please forget it"

"How could I just forget it Hye-jin?! I care for you!!"

"Seo-jun,do you remember what you said that day??" She asked me. I looked at her in guilt while slowly nodding.

" 'We will become a burden to each other if we continue caring' those words are still etched on my mind and the worst part is, I realised how true they were.."

I looked at her, my eyes filled with tears. "Hye-jin.."

She smiled painfully and continued,  "Seo-jun you were the best thing that happened to my life. But it doesn't mean we're to last forever"

She said and left. I couldn't stop her because I realised a lot of things.

I was so selfish. I still remember how we broke up. It was my fault. I did it to us. I didn't care about us. I looked at her figure and thought.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all that alone while I was just being selfish"