xxxiv | champagne

**warning: spicy content ahead**

KIMBERLY

DINNER WAS FINISHED about thirty minutes ago, so Jace and I decided to clean up and let everyone rest. Emre's family left a few minutes ago, so it was just the three of us now.

It was definitely a lot quieter but still as pleasant.

The mixing of the personalities and hilarious stories made this easily one of the best dinners I've ever had.

"I think I'm going to head to bed," Carina suddenly announced.

Jace immediately placed the dish he was washing back into the sink and went to his mother's side. "Is everything okay? Should I call the doctor?"

"Don't worry, stupid," Carina admonished her son. "I'm fine. Just a little tired. And before you think about offering, I can go back to my room on my own. Goodnight, you two."

"Goodnight," I called out as Jace came back to finish cleaning the rest of the dishes.

With his shirt sleeves rolled up, I had a pleasant view of his arms and—dare I say— it was better than smut. It was unfair that he was blessed with such looks because it made it that much harder to dislike him.

Believe me, I was trying my hardest to find something that would make it easier to keep my feelings in check.

We continued working in silence, me staying silent because I wanted to keep my full attention on the way the veins in his arms moved, for a few more minutes before finally collapsing back on our respective spots at the table.

"I had fun tonight," I broke the silence.

"Yeah?" He lifted his head from where it was resting at the top of the chair and turned it towards me.

I nodded. "I miss being around kids, now that Audrey's grown up."

"Hypothetically," he spoke, his eyes smoldering into mine. "I wouldn't mind having kids with you. You'd make a great mother."

Despite the touchy subject, I appreciated the sentiment. "Thank you."

I could feel my mind reverting back to the same thoughts I had in the car when Jace spoke again. "Not gonna lie, the thought of fucking you until you get pregnant turns me on."

Leave it up to Jace to say something to bring me out of the bad place my thoughts could be.

"Someone has a breeding fetish," I laughed, moving my foot up along his legs.

"Weirdly enough, only when it comes to you. All I ever hear about is how great Kimberly Astor is. It makes a guy think," he responded truthfully.

"About what?" I teased, skipping over his growing erection.

Jace caught my foot, bringing it down to the familiar bulge. "About how good at fucking you'd have to be to get her to have your kids."

"Interesting point," I admitted. "Let's test how good you are, then." I got onto my knees, crawling under the table until I was able to pop my head from under the tablecloth in front of Jace. "Can you pass me my bag?"

He obliged. "What do you need from it?"

I didn't answer his question, knowing he would snatch the bag away if he knew. I pulled out the flask, looking up to see his eyes narrowed at the object in my hand. "Don't get ma—"

"You're not drinking, Venus," he said blankly.

"Jace... trust me," I spoke softly. "I just wanna make you feel good."