Chapter 11: Auntie Edna

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Bob sat on the sofa with the TV on looking dazed and exhausted. He had bags under his eyes, and stubble on his face.

"Hey, dad. We're doing fractions and denismals and percentages and I don't get 'em." Dash said, holding out his book.

"Aren't you...didn't we get all caught up?" Bob groaned.

"Yeah, we were caught up and now we're doing fractions and percentages and demicels."

"Decimals." Bob corrected.

"...of the Incredibile, the super car once driven by superhero, Mr. Incredible."

Bob looked up at the TV and saw that some rich guy had bought Bob's old car.

"It's the kind of thing you buy when you have everything else." The rich guy bragged.

"They said it was beyond repair." Bob said.

"Hey, it was in perfect condition."

"You used to drive that?" Dash asked.

Bob ignored him. "They said it was destroyed."

"Long thought lost or destroyed the famous car turned up at a private auction."

"They said it was...that's my car!" Bob shouted.

Bob turned and ran, but fell into the open floor into the water. He climbed out and and dug through boxes until he found the remote control for the car.

...

"This car is just loaded with amazing gadgets. Care to demonstrate?" The reporter asked.

"I'd love to, but we haven't figured out how to make them work yet." The guy answered.

Bob ran back into the room and pressed a button on the remote. The car activated and the people on the TV stared framing out.

"Woah! It works?!" Dash grabbed the remote and started pressing buttons and a rocket popped out.

"What are you doing? This is not a toy! That's a rocket launcher!" Bob scolded, taking the remote from him.

"Sweet! Which one launches the rocket?" Dash asked. He grabbed the remote again.

"Hey, this is not your car!" Bob told him.

"It's not your car either." Dash retorted.

"It is so! It's the Incredibile!"

"Then why's that guy gave it?" Dash asked.

"He shouldn't." Bob grabbed the remote back.

"Launch the rockets! Launch the rockets! Launch the rockets!" Dash chanted.

"I'm not launching anything!"

"I wanna blow it up!"

"Do you think I want an angry rich guy coming after me right now? When I'm trying not to..."