Chapter 17: Stopping the Boat

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Evelyn adjusted an oxygen mask on her face just as she noticed Helen coming up behind her.

"You know what's sad?" She yanked the jet even higher and Helen fell back and hit the wall.

"If it weren't for your core beliefs, I think we could've been good friends."

Helen tried to stand up, but for some reason she felt drained.

"At least I have...I have core beliefs." She slurred.

...

Bob and Dash made their way down to the anchor and Bob removed it and tossed it into the water. Then he used the chain to wrap it around himself.

"So Dash. I am going to the rudder. Once I turn the ship, you hit the pull up button."

"Okay dad!"

"Now lower me down..."

Dash hit the button that lowered the anchor and basically shoved Bob off the boat and into the water.

...

"The reputations of superheroes are ruined. You will never become legal. Ever."

Helen gave her a loopy look. "Never?"

"No."

"Ever?"

"No."

"Not even a little smidgie widgie?" She stood up and stumbled tapping Evelyn's mask.

"Oh, hypoxia. When you don't have enough oxygen, things seem really silly."

Evelyn pushed Helen and she stumbled back until she hit the wall.

"Things get sillier and sillier and then you die." Evelyn told her.

Helen laughed. "I don't wanna die."

"Ah, nobody does. Really."

Helen noticed a flare gun on the floor from when she was slammed into the wall.

"Not such a bad way to go."

She picked it up and fired it, hitting Evelyn's air tank, sending her flying through the window. Helen stumble forward and grabbed a hanging oxygen mask and took in air before turning the jet back towards the boat.

...

Winston went into the room where the hypnotized people were and broke the screen with a chair.

"Everyone, we need to get to the back of the ship. All Supers protect your Ambassadors!"

...

"Dads been underwater for too long! We gotta pull him up!" Dash told Vince and (Y/n)

"Wait, it's too soon."

...

Helen launched herself out of the jet towards Evelyn and grabbed her as the jet flew into the water, and made herself into a chute.

...

"I'm gonna press the button!"

"Not yet!"

...

Evelyn looked up and kicked Helen in the face making her let go. Voyd watched anxiously from the boat.

Helen shook her head and dove after her again.

...

Bob pushed himself against the rudder until it moved and the boat started turning.

"Dash, now!" (Y/n) yelled.

Dash hit the button and Bob was pulled back.

...

"Save yourself, make a chute." Voyd pleaded. "Make a chute. Make a chute."

Helen grabbed Evelyn and made a chute just as Voyd made a portal and teleported them onto the boat.

"Helen! Brace yourselves!" Lucius yelled just as he managed to break off the foil.

The boat jolted and everyone fell against the side.

"Crash positions!" Bob instructed.

Vince grabbed (Y/n) and Jack-Jack to his chest, as the rest of the family huddled together.

Lucius slid down and created a huge wall of snow that slowed the boat down and kept it from crashing into the city.

Everyone sighed and started dusting themselves off when Helen gasped.

"I missed Jack-Jack's first power?!"

"Actually you missed the first 17." Bob corrected.

The family laughed as Jack-Jack stared to multiply.

...

The police arrived and loaded Evelyn into the back of a car.

"The fact that you saved me doesn't make you right." She snarked.

"But it does make you alive." Helen retorted.

"And I'm grateful for that." Winston said.

"I'm sorry, but she'll go to prison." Helen told him.

"Well, I'm sorry she's rich and will probably get no more than a slap on the wrist." Vince cut in.

"First of all, Vince, I like you. And who knows what the future may bring, but I have a good feeling about all of you." He said as he walked away.

"Hmm. Good feeling? Should we be worried?" Lucius asked.

"You guys got the next shift. I'm beat." Helen told them.

"I saw what you did back there, that was incredible." Voyd complimented Vince.

"He was wasn't he?" (Y/n) agreed, kissing his cheek.

"Sorry I had to punch you." Vince apologized.

Bob smiled at the interaction but perked up when he saw the Incredibile drive by and stop in front of Dash.

"Yeah, baby! My sweet ride!" Dash looked up and saw his dad looking down at him.

He chuckled nervously and handed the remote over.

...

"And in recognition of the extraordinary service they have demonstrated the legal status of superheroes is hereby restored." A judge announced and banged his gavel to make it official.

...

(Y/n) exited her house and hopped into the Parr's new red car, and was shocked to see the entire family in there.

"Sorry. I tried to limit it to one parent." He said with gritted teeth.

"We're all going to a movie too (Y/n), don't mind us." Helen told her.

"We'll be sitting on the other side of the theater. Not watching you." Bob promised with a wink.

Vince laughed nervously. "He's kidding. They are only dropping us off at the theater. They have other things to do."

"It's okay Vince. I like how close you guys are."

"We can get closer." Bob joked.

They stopped the car in front of the theater, when suddenly a car sped past them with criminals firing guns at the police cars chasing them.

Bob smirked at Helen and she smirked back. She turned to face the kids who were all smirking back at each other.

"We can make it back before the previews are over right?" (Y/n) smugly asked Vince.

"Oh, yeah. Definitely." He said confidently.

The family sped off, and they all placed their masks on their faces. Bob hit a button and the car transformed into a red version of the Incredibile, and sped off, ready to do more Incredible hero work.

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————