11. Eleven

💠💠💠💠💠💠

💠💠💠💠💠💠

Mateo

Tonight we were meeting Eryk and his son Aleksander on neutral grounds at an old bar called, Spades. This bar has served as negotiating grounds for the underworld families for many years with the floor level serving everyday people and the 2nd level restricted to all except the underworld families. No one could kill anyone here. The bar itself wasn't dirty or janky. The families put in a great deal of money to make it more upscale, and the money it generated was all donated to the lower income people of the city.

As we got off the suburban we ran into Eryk and Aleksander. Eryk was tall and blonde with icy blue eyes and a thick polish accent. He was never been a man of suits preferring, dress in pants and a nice coat and then there's his only son, Aleksander more pale than his father's complexion with the same icy blue eyes except his showed no emotion in them.

Everyone always said they get a sense of fear when looking at Aleksander because of all the stories of his killer nature. Then there was me which couldn't give a single fuck. He didn't scare me and I didn't scare him. We were like the fucking boogeyman looking into our own reflections when we see each other. That same fear we put in people is what made us share a unspoken respect for each other.

We've managed to speak a couple of times mostly when Elly was alive and it's the about the only time he would ever show any hint of emotion making him human. My father had been paranoid with his old age thinking that maybe they were the ones who put a hit on Elly but I quickly had to remind him of our families history. Truth is none of the other crime families know the Serafin's and Leon's have been working side by side for a good three generations back. Our great grandfathers were no names in the city. Nobody wanted us touching their territories in America, it's not that we were dirty or poor, it was that our names didn't hold the weight they do now in the states. Our elders came in and formed an alliance that laid down the blood and bodies on which our empires now stood. It's what made the other families accept us and get a piece of the pie or we could easily face them head on taking it all.

However, just because there was an alliance didn't mean that one day we wouldn't turn around and put a gun to each other's heads in a heart beat if shit hit the fan. It was all strictly business between our two families with nothing like a marriage or child solidifying our families. Papa and Eryk were planning on making Elly and Aleksander that union that would unite our families together after they told our parents they were dating but with Elly gone now and me having zero fucking interest in Aleksandra there is nothing but that alliance left.

Eryk was here to tell us that we had a spy amongst one of the families. We already knew that we just don't know who the fuck it was. This project was supposed to be something that no one knew about. The only ones that knew were in this room and Elly who waa six feet underground resting and Rosie who doesn't know the logistics or location of it.