13. Thirteen

We spent most of our time walking around the mall catching up on everything that had happened and on how our parents were doing

We spent most of our time walking around the mall catching up on everything that had happened and on how our parents were doing . I was curious and desperate to know where was it that my godfather had sent them into hiding but for the many saftey reasons Zaira couldn't tell me. Although,  she did reassure me that where they were now living, they were very comfortable and they were being well taken care. They had everything provided by my godfather and Mateo at no expense.

"So what type of dress are you shopping for today Rosie? Your wedding dress?" Zaira teased

"Not yet!" I giggled.

"But soon! I know Mateo and I know he doesn't play! He will make you his wife soon. And when he pops that question I better be the maid of honor" Zaira said excitedly before stopping in front of a store with bunch of different dresses on display and shrieked with excitement, " this is it! this is where you'll find your dress for tonight."

When we walked inside the store we were hit quickly hit with the realization that wasn't isn't any ordinary dress store it was a luxury designer store. I didn't know anything about this and couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed. I looked back and saw Luis and his men stand at the front entrance of the store.

Zaira turned me back around by my shoulders and dragged me by my arm over to a beautiful blue dress that reminded me of Tim Burton's Corpse bride, that we stared at in awe. As we were admiring the dress a short blonde woman comes over to us and rudely said to Zaira," Don't touch the dress, if you can't afford to pay if it damages. May I recommend the thrift store two blocks away?"

It had taken me a moment to process what she said and how she said it. I looked over to Zaira and saw her face was red with embarrassment and humiliation almost on the brink of tears. I snapped back into reality and felt nothing but rage seeing my sister cry.

I held onto Zaira's arm, and quickly responded "If I wanted to I could buy out the entire fucking store, now let me guess? you make an hourly wage and you rely on your commissions for that extra income? "

The lady was taken aback that I spoke back to her in that manner and silently nodded her head up and down in agreement. I stared at her dead in the eyes, "My sister and I will be purchasing some dresses from here but not with you as our associate , go and find someone else who can help us, someone who isn't having a shitty ass day and taking it out on other innocent people. Fuck with me all you want, but I will not tolerate you talking like that to my sister."

The lady quickly walked away towards the men's side of the store and came back with a younger girl around my age dressed in a black tuxedo for women and some glossy black heels. Her hair was beautifully styled into a voluminous curly afro and her skin is a beautiful dark espresso.

The blonde lady glared at us as she walked away from us leaving us with the new associate. The new associate brightly smiled at us, "Hi! my name is Ebony and I'll be your associate for today!"