20. Twenty

Marcel ended the meeting with the final announcement, tonight my godfather's and the Serafin  families would be no more

Marcel ended the meeting with the final announcement, tonight my godfather's and the Serafin  families would be no more. Everyone clapped and bid their goodbyes to each other as the men began exiting the hall.

Marcel reamined seated at my side the entire time silently lost in his thoughts. I couldn't help but feel like things were only going to get worse. Marcel's revenge was based on his father's choices alone.  His father took from him and his family and shifted the blame onto my godfather's and Teo's existence. Then there was that weird, crazy, and deranged obsession with making me his wife.

I knew I had to get out of here and fast, the doors weren't locked in this grand hall judging by all the men that had walked out freely. If I was quick enough I could attempt to make a run for it if I could only take off these heels. I set my little mental plan into motion, as I reached down with my right arm to my feet and played it off as scratching my leg and fixing my dress, but I was actúa undoing the ankle starps of the heels and carefuly removed each heel as I sat back up again once they were both completely off. Marcel was too lost in his thoughts to notice anything as he cautiously observed the last of the men leaving the hall. Once there was no one else, before I could move another inch Marcel rose from his chair and proceeded to stand over me.

"Its almost midnight Rocio." He evily grinned.

"What's happening at midnight " I asked Marcel.

"Your godfather and Eryk Serafin have a decision to make....a choice between their empires or their precious Elena."

"You said you wouldn't hurt Elena!" I yelled.

"And I won't personally, the men downstairs watching her will be the ones to put a bullet in her" he smiled wickedly.  "And as for you, Rocio you will be my wife" he said as he grasped onto my shoulders and yanked me up from my chair.

"Let go of me! " I hissed.

His hands slithered up to me face and grasped onto my cheeks tight andbrought me in closer forcing his lips onto mine, I gathered my strength and pushed him away as hard as I could and slapped him across the face. The slap left my hand burning and throbbing as he held his hand to his lips seeing that I made him bleed. His eyes shifted and were no longer calm. They turned darker as something not familiar took over him- lust.

He reached for me again this time by waist, "I like a challenge Rocio" he seethed. I tried pushing him off again except this time his strength overpowered mine. He tried to force his lips onto mine again as I flailed in bis arms I searched  the table for anything to use against him and quickly spotted a pen. I scramled eith my free hand to reach for the pend behind us and the moment I did I jammed the oend into his upper arm causing him to lossen his grip on me. I backed away from him and began running as fast as my feet could carry me towards the door.

"Stop right there Rocio!" He yelled.

I heard Marcel's voice yelling at me as I turned around and saw him standing from behind table with his gun pointed at me. "I wish you'd have chosen me Rocio, but clearly you didn't and now you must die!" he yelled as he pulled  the hammer back on the gun ready to pull trigger.

I closed my eyes as I realized that I would never see my family again, I couldn't help Elena and I couldn't say goodbye to Mateo.  Just then a large bang can be heard from outside, the noise was so loud that the floor beneath us trembled like an earthquake had just happened.

Marcels phone began ringing in his pockets. He fished for it in his coat with one hand while with there other he put the phone to his ear and answered  it. The blood from his face quickly drained and he went pale, "How did you find us?" He lowly asked. Not liking what he heard he quickly hung up the phone and called Leo.
A Couple moments later Leo walked in with my tote bag that Mateo had given me. "I found this in Christian's possesion, he said he took it off Rocio when they took her."

Marcel yanked the tote bag from Leo letting the stacks of cash fall freely from the tote onto the table with a heavy thump.

"Who gave you all this cash?" Marcel asked from across the room while sti keeping his gun pointed at me.

"It's mine, I use it for shopping"

He quickly flipped through the stacks of cash along with Leo frantically looking for something.

"Here it is!" Leo said outloud as he pulled out a tiny device from between one of the stacks.

"They're here" Marcel said , "Prepare the men, kill anyone on sight."

"What about Rocio and Elena" Leo questioned.

"Kill Elena, I'll handle Rocio " he said as he walked back over to me. Pressing the gun to my waist.

"They blew through the west side of the house already, that's where they're all coming in from" Leo reported to Marcel.

"I don't think Angel is too stupid for that, don't send all the men to that entrance spread them out!" Marcel ordered

"Yes, Marcel" Leo walked out of the hall and headed back upstairs.  Marcel grabbed onto me tighter pushing the gun into my waist with more pressure as he pulled me with him into hallway again. My heart was racing, and my eyes filled with tears of joy knowing that Teo had arrived to save us. Him being overprotective is what lead him to us tonight. "It's just a matter of time" I said with the biggest smile on my face. "He will find you, and he will kill you"

It angered Marcel hearing the truth so much that he raised his gun and slapped me across the face with it busting my lips open and making my nose bleed. The pain sweetly stung as I laughed delusionly knowing I might not make it out but at least they had found us. A guard bumped into us as Marcel continued dragging me with him down the hall," Sir, the explosion outside, i-it made a rain of fire from all the debris s-sir"

Marcel got even angrier hearing the young soldier so paniced and freightened that he shot the man on sigh without saying anything else. Marcel knew he was losing and was hesitating and scared.