Butterflies? More Like Cockroaches.

"I'm the one who what?" Nova let her fury control her, as she unleased all her pent up anger on the other girl. 

"I'm the one who helped after you were harassed by your shitty ex boyfriend?"

Nova steps closer to Milani.

"I'm the one who invited you into my home so you wouldn't be taken advantage of?"

Nova takes two steps closer. Milani is unable to move, terrified of what would happen if she did. 

She took a deep breath and tried to control herself. "I'm the one who helped you out. Not Sara. Not fucking Gareth."

She looked Milani dead in the eyes and accentuated the final line, "Not all those bystanders. Me." 

Nora clenched her jaw. She wanted nothing more than for Milani's privileged ass to leave. 

She walked over to the kitchen and grabbed Milani's keys. Nova turned around and saw Milani in front of her, which made her jump. 

Nova heard something she didn't think she'd hear in a million years. 

"You're right. I'm..." Milani sucks at apologies, Nova thought. 

Nova raised her brow and leaned against the kitchen counter. Her nostrils flared. She needed to hear this. Something about Milani not being so cocky made Nova want to record this moment. 

"I'm sorry." Milani struggled out. She'd never felt this embarrassed before. It's definitely something she's never going to do again so help her god. 

Nova let out a smug grin. "What was that?"

"You heard me." Milani grunted. 

"Alright. Apology accepted." Nova gave her the keys. "Don't forget your clothes or I might burn 'em."

Milani glared at her before going back to the room and getting her clothes. As she got to the doorway she remembered. "Can I have Advil? The drive back's gonna be hell with this headache."

Nova laughed. 

"We're not friends. Don't forget that." and closed the door. 

Milani couldn't help but smile. She had no idea where she stood with Nova, but she liked this banter between them. It gave her little butterflies in her stomach. Or maybe that was the alcohol coming back to say hi. Felt like cockroaches if you asked her.

She started the car and went back to Sara's mansion.