A Flair For the Dramatics

Nova runs to Jennie's trailer and opens the front door. She barges in, hurriedly looking for Jennie.

She sees her in the couch of her living room, angrily watching the news. Jennie doesn't look up from the TV.

"Jennie! Jen, please hear me out-"

"Get out of my house Nova." Jennie says with such aggression that Nova had to take a few steps back.

Still, she keeps pursuing. "Jennifer listen to me!"

Jennie finally got up and looked Nova in the eyes. "Get. Out."

Nova felt like she had no choice but to leave, which is exactly what she did. She walked back to her trailer. Her eyes blurred, and she felt a wet sensation on her cheeks, not realizing she was crying.

She goes to her trailer and slams the door shut.

Nova stands next to the door, hearing her heart pound. Her vision was still blurry, not because of her tears, but only because she was pretty sure she had tunnel vision.

Which told her one thing: She was having a panic attack.

Her trembling hands grabbed the knob of the front door and she tried her best to guide herself to the floor. She bent her legs and hugged them tightly, tears streaming down her cheeks.

She barely noticed it, but Nova felt a warmth start to hug her, and a quiet "shhhhhhhhh its ok" being repeated in her ear. She felt a hand comb through her hair, and another hand guiding her head towards a soft fabric.

She only started to calm down when she heard a strong and solid beat. A heartbeat. She focused on it. Nova could tell it wasn't her own, because this one was calm, and it was telling her everything was going to be ok.

She started to feel her own heartbeat go down, and she opened her eyes to see her one true enemy comforting her in a way no one else ever had.

Milani held Nova on the floor of the entrance for as long as Nova needed - which happened to be 27 minutes. 

Milani held Nova close to her, allowing her to cry out everything she was feeling. She felt it was only fair considering she was a little bit at fault for her emotions.

Once Milani knew Nova would be ok, she got up and brought back a glass of water from the kitchen. She silently handed it to Nova who's eyes were puffed up.

Nova gulped the glass of water entirely, and handed the glass back with gratitude in her eyes.

Milani put the glass away and helped Nova up before guiding her towards the sofa. 

"It'll be ok. You two have been friends since the beginning of time. She won't hold a grudge over something this small."

"How could you know?"

"Because," Milani couldn't believe she was admitting this. "I've been watching you two for a long time. I was... jealous. Of your friendship. You two supported each other through so much, and nobody in their right mind would throw all that away for a dumb reason."

Nova felt better after hearing Milani's words. She looks at the taller girl, smiled and said as genuinely as she could, "Thank you."

Milani smiled back. She had butterflies in her stomach of course. I mean you can't expect Nova to smile the prettiest smile and believe Milani won't get butterflies.

Milani remembered something about the fake dating situation that she wanted to bring up. 

"Oh hey, I was thinking. What if we revealed we're dating on Tuesday."

"Why not Monday?" Nova asked.

Milani smirked, a devious look in her eyes. "We're both actors. We both have a flair for the dramatics. Let's give everyone the most "us like" absolute rivalrous performance on Monday, and casually come in holding hands on Tuesday like nothing happened."

Nova couldn't help but laugh. She loved the idea of course.

Nova looked at Milani, mimicking the devious face Milani was making, and said in a sultry voice,

"Let's do it."