Oh Ok This Is The Classic Rooftop Scene.

"Aaaaand those are all the announcements for today, have a great weekend and we'll see you on Monday!" The principal's voice echoed through the speaker. 

The chairs scraped the floor as kids got up and ran towards the school exits. Milani didn't run though. She barely even walked. Today was Friday, which meant tomorrow was her date with the boyfriend she forgot about.

As Milani walked towards the exit, she noticed Nova and Gareth talking. Nova's expressions looked awkward and pained, while Gareth was showing signs of heavy discomfort. Milani watched them talk for a while, until Gareth finally nodded, and left. 

More curious than George, Milani walked towards Nova as she goes to close her locker. 

"Hey."

Nova turned around to see the other girl towering over her. She had forgotten how obvious their height difference was. 

"Oh hey, what's going on."

"You tell me!" Milani replied in an accusing tone. "What the hell were you saying to Gareth. He looked like you just told him he's being departed for WW3." 

"Oh. That. I told him you might have a thing for me."

Milani's eyes widen.

"What??"

"I mean, not exactly, but yeah. I'll explain later. I just had to give him a reason to break up with you since you can't do that yourself. Our deal says that we start faking dating pretty damn soon 'cuz our filming days are getting closer and closer."

"Nova. Nova. Look at me." Milani says with fume in her voice.

Nova looks up into Milani's eyes, but due to their height difference, it looks like she's giving the other girl fuck me eyes.

Milani's brain short circuits. 

"Uh- I- um. I-huh?"

Nova laughs. "You told me to look at you? Anyways we need to talk. Do you know a place?"

Milani gathered her thoughts to think about it. "Actually, I do. But I have to do something first. Can I meet you back at school at 7?"

She left without answering, and Nova decided to finish her homework on the benches outside of school. She had no reason to go home anyways. At 7, she sees Milani's car pull up, the headlights blinding her.

She let Nova into her car. Nova went into the passenger seat which made Milani almost gag, since she didn't know the last time her clothes had seen a washing machine. 

She looked at Nova's shoes, then sighed. "I just got my car cleaned." 

"Oh it's fine," Then Nova said in a posh accent, "Daddy'll buy me as many cah washes as I want."

Milani's eye twitched, though Nova didn't notice.

Milani drove for about 30 minutes, and though the drive was mostly quiet, Milani's anger grew more about the comment Nova made about her father. She wasn't as spoiled as most people thought she was.

The finally arrived to a place Nova would never imagine Milani went to. They parked behind a dumpster and trees. due to her car being fancier than the other ones in the place, she hid it to ensure no one would steal it. 

They both got out of the car and started walking in the direction Milani led them in. 

There were a few garbage cans in the area, all of them on fire. There were logs and broken stools around them and people were smoking, laughing, singing. Everyone there looked like they listened to punk metal, which Nova was pretty sure Milani despised. That's half the reason a whole section of her playlist was punk metal.

There were a few people putting firecrackers in balloons and laughing every time it caught on fire. When they spotted Milani, they all waved and yelled her name. She waved back. 

They went towards a building that looked very abandoned and rusted. They started climbing the fire escape until they got to the roof. Nova struggles with the last few steps, but it's so worth it when she sees the view. 

The sun setting over the city. 

The view was absolutely breathtaking. 

Milani sat against the ledge and Nova followed suite.

They stayed quiet for a couple moments before Milani broke the silence.

"You owe me a massive explanation."

"Yeah. I do."

Nova started explaining what had happened earlier at school.

"We needed to fake date soon, and we can't be girlfriends if you still have a boyfriend you know?"

Girlfriends.

"What I said to Gareth was that the reason that I cut him off when you two were dating was actually because there was some flirting going on between us, and you two dating made me jealous."

Girlfriends.

"Then he told me to explain and I said that I kinda have a thing for you, and I'm pretty sure you have a thing for me. He told me he understands and he'll talk to you. I think it'll make the transition of us going to school as girlfriends easier if we start acting like friends at least, or if we start letting people know that there may be something with us."

Girlfriends.

"Milani?"

Girlfriends.

"Milani!"

She finally snapped out of her girlfriend trance.

"Did you hear anything I said?"

"yeah yeah I heard all of it. I was just thinking about it while you told me."

"Soooo, you aren't mad?"

"Of course I'm mad!"

Nova stood up. "I did you a massive favour you know. What the hell were you thinking going on a date with him when we start dating in a few days?"

Milani stood up too.

"I was going to break up with him!!"

Complete silence. 

"oh."

"yeah."

"um."

"yeah."

They both sat back down on the ledge. 

"I think. That if we pretend to date, you have to trust me for real."

"Ew. yeah I agree."

Milani snorts.

a loud snort.

Nova bursts out laughing in shock. 

She rolls on her back, unable to control her laughter.

Milani lays down with her, laughing too.

This felt familiar. In a good way.

Both girls got cockroaches- no, butterflies in their stomachs.

Butterflies.

A/N: Hi guys!! I decided to upload two chapters today in honor of my story kinda blowing up????

Yesterday in the morning it was at 500 reads, later at night it was at 1.3K reads, and now it's at 3K reads????

What is going on????

I am so utterly confused, yet so utterly happy. 

I love working on this book so thanks for reading!!!!!!!