Lovers, Really?

Sunday comes and it's time to go film. 

Nova takes the bus and get's to the place they're filming in about 45 minutes. During that time she reads and rereads her script. It's the last episode of season two. Nova is very lucky with her filming schedule, because they release an episode every week. 

She gets to the set and goes to the clothes and makeup area.

When she's finished, she has mud on her clothes, which have been ripped up, and dirt on her arms. 

Her and her rival character (who's played by Milani, unfortunately) had been lost in the woods for days. As she gets back on set she finds Milani.

She sits down close to her and waits for them to start filming her scenes. As she's waiting she suggests practising lines with Milani. 

They get into character and start reading from their scripts. 

"I have no idea why you thought it would be a good idea to go to the woods instead of the road" Nova's character, Cindy says. 

Milani's character, Rosaline, raises her voice a little and says back, "I figured we'd be safer in the woods than in an open road full of hitchhiking killers! But yeah maybe I should've picked the road and let us die!"

Cindy scoffs and continues arguing with Rosaline, who seemed distracted. 

They continued arguing and Milani thought about how natural this felt and smiled. 

Their co-producer Matt Davison noticed Milani's smile, and thought it added more depth to their fight. 

That gave him an idea. 

He went to the writer's room and suggested making their characters date. "It would add loads of depth into their characters as they hold back unwanted feelings.." 

The writers agreed and Nova found out about this 8 hours later, when they we're finishing their final scenes for season 2. 

Nova stood there, face in shock, as she'd never think their characters would tolerate each other, let alone love each other. 

She walks over to Milani to ask what she thinks about it, only to find her face in shock too. 

Milani looks over to Nova and voiced her concerns. 

"Nova this'll never work. At best we tolerate each other, and that's only for work."

She had a point. Even if they can be civil with each other, it's always when they're acting. Or when they're talking about acting. They can barely hold it together for interviews, how the hell are they going to act in love?

"I guess this'll show us who's actually a good actor and who's the faker." Nova says while giving Milani the stink eye. 

"Good luck" Milani snarks back.  

Nova grins smugly as she packs up and starts walking.

As Nova walks home, she wonders what the script for season three will look like. If they're going to be dating, will they have to kiss? What Nova didn't know was that Millni was thinking the same thing on the drive back to her house, but unlike Nova, Milani was secretly looking forward to acting like she was in love with Nova. 

Just to... spice up her life.... not for any other reason.. Milani thinks in a way to convince herself it's purely to see what'll happen to their frenemies dynamic in real life.