Guess Which One is The Little Spoon?

The two girls walk down from the roof using the same fire escape. 

They got to the bottom and noticed that their car was gone. Well, no. That's not true. The car was there, the wheels were all gone. 

Milani slowly walked towards the car, took a deep breath, and screamed as loud as she could.

"FUCK"

Nova could only agree in silence. 

Milani walked back towards Nova. 

"How are we going to get home?"

"Can't you call your dad? or get one of your chauffeur's to pick you up."

Milani laughed irritatedly. "That's really how you see me? Just some rich girl? If my dad finds out about this, I'm dead."

That shocked Nova. "uh. um you know what, we can catch a bus. I have my bus card, I can pay for you too."

They start walking towards the street, looking for a bus stop. Milani sighed. "My dad's not really in my life. Neither is my mom. They work most of the time, so even when they're home, I can barely talk to them. My dad is really strict. If he finds out about the car," Milani sighs. "I don't even know what he'll do. I'm scared to find out to be honest."

"I- I had no idea. I really thought you had the easiest life."

"Those chauffeurs and servants you make fun of me for are bigger parental figures than my real parents."

"Shit."

"So what about you?"

Nova looks over to Milani. "What about me?"

"You don't live with your parents. That's unusual. Tell me about it."

"Uhhh, well basically, my parents kicked me out. They found out I didn't want to be a lawyer or doctor and they decided I wasn't worth enough to be their kid. Typical Indian parents, I know."

"Oh the not wanting to be a doctor/lawyer part?"

"Yep. I know brown parents are strict but damn I think my parents are more than just strict. I mean I was a kid when they kicked me out. I was in middle school. I don't know what I would've done if Jennie didn't get her cousin to rent out the trailer for me."

"So you pay rent all on your own?"

"rent, food, electricity, water, all of it is from the show."

"oh. I really feel like an asshole now. I tried to take all of your roles."

Nova laughed. "yeah well you wouldn't be the Milani I know and love if you didn't do that."

Milani stopped walking and looked over to Nova. 

Nova looked back. 

"Nova?"

Nova just grinned and grabbed Milani's hand.

"Come on we're going to miss our bus."

The two girls ran to their bus stop just in time for their bus to arrive. Nova paid for the both of them and they sat down in the back. The bus was completely empty and dark, except for the lights from the stop buttons. 

"You nervous for dating soon?" Nova asks once they settle down.

"Yes!! I mean everything is going to change after Monday. Oh, speaking of which, can I actually stay at your place? I think my dad's home from his business trip and I don't really want to face him right now. Plus- "

"Yeah." Nova hesitantly reaches out for Milani's hand. Calling her a nervous mess was an understatement. She holds Milani's hand and the other girl holds it back instantly.

"You can stay over at mine. I don't mind. Really."

Milani smiles, though deep down she's screaming. Nova is holDING HER HAND????

They sat on the bus silently, holding hands, with small smiles on their faces.

They get to Nova's trailer and step inside quietly, both exhausted from the long and emotionally demanding day they had.

They take off their shoes and go to Nova's bedroom. Nova crawls into bed and watches Milani hesitate, before going towards the living room.

"Where you goin?"

"Uh I'm going to sleep on the couch?"

"Milani that couch is the least comfortable thing you can lay on, trust me I've regretted sleeping on the couch more times than I remember being satisfied with it."

"So, where do I sleep?"

Nova slowly looked to the space beside her on the bed. 

Milani hesitated. "I don't know if I should..."

"Milani. We're tired. We're going to fake date. Stop arguing and let me sleep." Nova deadpanned.

Milani gave up and sluggishly walked towards the bed and crawled in. She got comfortable and started to let sleep win the fight. 

The last thing Milani remembers in Nova snuggling into her and thinking, 

Who knew Nova was a little spoon?