𝐕𝐈 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚

My alarm woke me up at exactly 6:00am. Making sure to let my right foot down first, I went to the bathroom. Anna is still not awake and is sleeping soundly. While brushing my teeth, I wondered if I should wake her up, just then the upper bed creaked and Anna appeared on my side, brushing her teeth also. But she only brushed hers for one minute, while I brushed mine 2 minutes.

Picking out my clothes, I went for a more simplistic style, a skirt and a long sleeve blouse. Anna has a similar style but with short sleeve blouse. We went downstairs and ate breakfast peacefully.

Anna and I met up with Sam as she drove us to the school. She and Anna aren't close, but still friends.

"It's a good thing I pass the exam, but damn was it hard. The pencil kept slipping out of my hand because of the sweat and pressure" Sam laugh, breaking the awkward silence.

Our school had this class where  normally you had to take exams for you to pass and get in to, but only Sam took one. The principal said our grades are high enough and don't need to take one. Three students got in without taking the exam, including me and Anna. I don't know about the other student, but they are said to be really smart.

When we arrived, the school was huge. It was modern, and filled with students who wore uniform. I kinda felt out of place, but as we walked to the the elevator- yes this school has one, crazy, and went to the highest building, I begin to see more students wearing casual outfits which indicates that we're close to our classroom.

Trying to ease my nerves, I counted all the steps it took for us to reach the classroom, which helped a lot. 56 steps from the elevator to here.

Sam opened the door and the first thing I saw are these dark brown eyes, almost black staring back at me. I quickly look away and hid behind Sam, like she was my shield. She just laughed and led us to our seats, which is in the front. I can still feel the dark eyes staring at me, so I tapped Sam's shoulder. She turned around and saw my flustered state, "What's wrong Em? Do you have a fever or something? You're awfully red." She says worryingly. I was blushing?! I look back at those eyes and saw them looking at someone else.

I begin to analyse her. She had short hair that just about reached her shoulders. She had this laid back personality, but seemed very interactive judging by her talking to multiple people at once. I couldn't help but watch her lips move... How dazzling her smile was...

What am I thinking!

Sam followed my gaze and when she saw her, she smirked. A sparkle in her eyes. I blushed and looked away, but suddenly she stood up and started walking to the girl. My heart beat faster as I followed her

She turned to me with this 'I got you girl' look. I don't know if I should be relieved or concerned...

"Hey." Sam said smoothly. The girl looked at her but I didn't miss how her dark eyes landed on me for a split second.

"Hey? I'm Drea." Drea. What a pretty name.

"Sam." They suddenly fist bumped and I look at them confused. Drea laughed, and it sounded heavenly.

"And who might you be?" She asked with a playful tone.

"Uh- I- uhm-" I stuttered. Why am I stuttering?! I'm embarrassing myself... Beside me Sam snickered. Help me.

"Emma.." I said quietly hoping she heard it. Fortunately she smiled and something inside me tingled. Huh.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm guessing you and you're sister are twins?" She looked back at Anna who is currently conversing with another student.

"Ah yes, she's Anna"

"Emma and Anna! Matching names perhaps. So cute." Drea grins and I blushed harder. Did she just call me cute? Why do I even care...

She turned to Sam and spoke, "I can't help but notice how sharp your fashion sense is. I like it" she and Sam basically have the same style.

"Welp me too, you look quite sharp yourself, looking for ladies if I may ask?" They both laugh. What?

Drea seemed to notice my confused state.

"Oh I'm bi, like your friend over here" she winks at Sam. How?! She's bi?! How did she know Sam was too?! Also there's this tug in my heart that made me twitch my eye.

I just smiled and waved, going back to my seat. Well, I just embarassed myself. Sam came not long after, laughing at me. My face still feels hot, but I opened my notebook and started scribbling random things.

Oh boy...

𝐀/𝐍: And they finally meet... Hehe...
Don't forget to vote,  comment, and tell me what you think!
-Bea x