𝐗𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐟è 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚

Emma has been very down lately... and for some reason I want to lift up her mood! At this point, I already know she has OCD. It doesn't show very often, but I do notice it. I'm happy it doesn't make a huge impact on her day to day basis. Sure, it takes long for her to tie her shoelace, but I never mind. I'll be happy to wait for her. In fact, we have a lot in common actually. I know she has anxiety, and it breaks my heart to see her get overwhelmed by her own thoughts. I just sometimes wish to know what goes on in her gleaming mind.

Maybe a trip would help. My thoughts are cleared when I see the beauty of the world. I just don't know where...

"Hey Drea?" Maybel asked on the phone. Oh that's right. I was in a call with her. Oops

"Hmm?"

"You're thinking about her, aren't you" I can practically hear her smirk.

"About who?"

"Emma!"

"Uh yes. Why?" I asked genuinely confused.

She mutters something but I didn't quite hear her.

"Come on Dre, it's obvious you like her! And she likes you too!" I busted out laughing. One of the best jokes I've heard this week!

"You're too funny for me Maybs, you're too damn funny" I say wiping a tear.

"You seriously need some help" and with that, she hung up. Wonder what that was about.

Ah! I remembered! I got Emma's number when we went to that restaurant! I was planning on bringing them both to more restaurant, so I asked her number.

Hey! How's your evening?

Just a simple text would do... After a few minutes my phone dinged.

I'm good :) how bout you?

I'm cool. Just wanted to get to know you more lol

Oh really? Well, I'd like to get to know you too!

That's awesome. Are you free this Sunday? There's this new cafè down town, and I'm wondering if you'd like to check it out? With me of course!

It took her a moment to reply, and I was getting kinda nervous. I always hated getting rejected. But then it dinged.

I would love that ;)

My heart skipped a beat. That wink face... So cute!

Great! I'll pick you up. See you then <3

It is now Sunday. I am quite excited. This is actually the first time we're alone together.

I chose to wear this white polo shirt, added a tie to look fancy. I paired it with some black trousers (with deep pockets mind you) and some black converse. I'm ready to go!

Taking our family car, I told my driver, Philip, the address and drove off. When we arrived, Emma was waiting for us in front of their gate. She looked good today, wearing a simple short pastel green dress. I waved and got out.

"You look lovely, Emma." I smiled, showing my teeth.

"Thank you... You look good too." she smiles back. I find it hard to believe because of my 'poor fashion taste', as many people called it, but I shook it off.

I opened the door for her and got in myself. I told Philip where to and the drive was silent. A comfortable one. Not like with any other person, just silent.

When we arrived I waved Philip goodbye and headed towards the Cafe. It was cute, a vintage style to it with all the vinyl disc hanging on the wall and books. I like it.

"This place is cozy" Emma voiced out my thoughts.

"It is! It's so cute!" I went around the shop inspecting the decor, my eyes drifting everywhere with fascination. I heard a laugh behind me.

"I found us a seat, let's go" Emma said amused by my behaviour. At least she's not weirded out.

We sat opposite of each other besides a brick wall with Ivy plants flowing on top of us.

A waiter came and asked us our order.

"I'd like a strawberry cheesecake and vanilla latte please" I said.

"A slice of pumpkin pie and caramel cappuccino." Emma smiled shyly.

"I'll be back in 15 minutes, please get cozy" the waiter smiled kindly, noticing Emma tensed.

"So, I remembered you liked books. What genre do you like the most?" Starting the conversation with the most I know about her.

"Oh! I like fantasy."

"Really? Same! A world with fairies, dragons, elves, royalty, monsters, and magic seems like a dream."

"I know right! Lately i've been reading The Cruel Prince. And i've been liking it so far."

"Oh I've read that one! What other books do you read?"

"Well, I'm also into romance and one of my faves is The Love Hypothesis."

"I've heard of that one, but haven't actually read it. Mind giving me your review?"

She then went on to tell me her thoughts on the story. I like this. Our conversation seemed to flow naturally, no awkwardness at all. I like talking to her. I can actually focus on what she's saying...

"How about you? What books are you into?" She asks me.

"Hmm... I'm really into dark psychology." I say cautiously. The last person I talked about this topic was weirded out and we never spoke again. I want to see if she does the same. Hopefully, she won't, because if she did, it would break my heart a little.

"Dark psychology?" Oh boy. "I've heard of that genre before and I got the gist of it. But mind elaborating?" She asks genuinely intrigued. My heart flutters, the first person to ask that. I'm smiling like a big idiot in front of her yet I don't mind.

"An example of this is The Silent Patient, where a wife shoots her husband..." All throughout the conversation, she didn't freaked out. She looked actually curious. My heart beats faster knowing this.

What are you doing to me, Emma?

𝐀/𝐍: hehe... Don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
-Bea ^-^