𝐗𝐈𝐕 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡? 𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐍𝐨𝐭!

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚

"Emma's got a crush! Emma's got a crush!" Sam sang like an elementary student after I told her about how I felt talking with Drea.

Why? Well, after school, Sam noticed my awfully red face and immediately invited me into their home. I told her how I felt this fuzzy warmness spreading through my body whenever Drea touched me. How hypnotized I was seeing her dazzling eyes lighter than normal whenever we spoke. And I noticed her stimming, trying to contain her excitement. But I wanted her to know that she doesn't have to limit her feelings when faced with me. For some reason, I want her to be comfortable with me.

"I do not!" Flustered, I go back to our conversation.

"Stop denying it! You're as red as a tomato!"

"Please shut up..." I mutter, annoyed.

"Aww you're so adorable! But finee." Finally, Sam drops the subject allowing me to breathe again.

Fortunately, her plan backfired because now I was here to force her to finish the assignment.

"Just continue that essay Sam!" I try to motivate her. Groaning, she went back to work.

Finishing mine, it was about 9pm and Sam's still not finished. While waiting, my mind drifted back to her. I don't know why.

It's not likely for me to have a crush, let alone her. She's wayy out of my league! Maybe it's just admiration. Or just a little infatuation. It will all die down and we could continue our lives like normal. But why oh why do I crave her touch... Her soft warm skin colliding with my cold one, sends an electric shock through my body. I've never felt this before, and I'm scared . Just then my phone dinged.

"Mom wants you home."

Oh right. I forgot my twin hated me. And it's clearly verified by this cold message. Back in the times, she loved texting me. Anna saw it as our second language. Whenever she felt off or sad, she always told me through text, even when we're beside each other. And I'd always be there to give her the comfort she deserves. But now, this is the first message she wrote to me after 5 months. After the test result. After graduation.

And all my happiness gone in a second. Reminding me of the reality, I stood up and told Sam. She was concerned by my current state but before she could say anything I rushed out the room. When I arrived home, mom instructed me to help with the garden for a few minutes. She just needed to water the night plants. After that I went upstairs. When I entered our room, it felt cold. Empty. Anna's in her bed, assuming she's asleep. No greetings or whatever. I so desperately wanted to start a conversation. Anything just for her to talk to me. But as she was facing the wall, I knew I shouldn't. And so, going to bed with heavy thoughts, I allowed myself to think of Drea. My only source of light as of now. A tear rolls down my cheek and I was consumed by darkness.

𝐀/𝐍: A short and sad chapter. I apologise for the length, but I'm atrociously sleepy right now. Tomorrow is school day- again much to my dismay. Goodnight folks!
Don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think!
Bea 😴