Secrets and First Meetings

The next morning I woke up with a blank expression trying to push back all my feelings and the memories of what happened yesterday to the back of my brain.

I changed into leggings and a cropped black zip up with a slightly revealing green tank top on underneath. I did the rest of my morning routine and walked downstairs to make coffee.

I was sitting at the table alone drinking my coffee because dad was already at work, when Bella came down. I didn't even look up at her until she spoke my name "Anya" I put my drink down "what" I sighed.

She started fiddling with her fingers and took a deep breath before speaking "I was going to go to Jake's today to figure out what was wrong with him and I want you to come with-" I looked at her with my blank expression still on my face "now you want me to go with you? Now when you don't have anyone else. Wow I feel so special." I replied, venom and sarcasm dripping with every word.

She looked down at her feet "I know. I'm sorry that I pushed you away like that I was just worried that Jake would only want you so I pushed you away. I'm sorry but don't you want to know what happened to Embry?"

I shook my head "Bella he clearly doesn't want to be my friend so why should I force him into something he doesn't want?" I stated sadly without changing my face. "Anya just come with me and I'm not taking no as an answer. Up you go."

She pulled me up off the chair and dragged me into the car "we shouldn't be doing this." I mumbled and she just rolled her eyes at me and the rest of the car ride was silent.

Once we got there Bella immediately got out and slammed her door shut. I followed her out while trying to tell her to stop "Bella we really shouldn't be here" she ignored me and knocked on the door.

Billy opened the door and looked at us. I gave him a sad apologetic smile " I need to see him." Bella firmly stated and I knew she wasn't going to take no as an answer "He's not in." Billy calmly stated " I'm sorry" was all she said before pushing past him into the house.

"Bella! Ugh I am so sorry Billy! I apologize for what my sister is doing. I tried to stop her." He looked at me with a sweet smile "I know greenie I know, it's alright sweetie"

Suddenly Bella pushed past us and I saw her walking to a group of guys, Sam being at the head. I quickly grabbed her arm "Bella no. Don't even think about it. Come on let's go." I tried to get her to leave with me but she yanked her wrist free and started running down the hill so I ran after her "Bella no stop!"

She finally made it up to the group of guys with me hot on her tail "what did you do?" She pushed Sam backwards and I looked at Embry who was staring sadly at the ground.

This tall guy who I'd never seen before tried stepping forward but Sam put his arm out "Easy" Sam warned trying to calm the guy down.

I looked at the guy and my breath caught in my throat as I locked eyes with him. My eyes widened while staring at him and I felt this sudden urge to just jump into his arms but I pulled myself back and quickly put my gaze back onto my sister.

Bella was still going at it with the group of guys "What did you do?" She asked again "What did we do? What did he do? What'd he tell you?" The mystery man asked and I felt myself admire him before I was knocked out of my trance when Sam spoke "both of you calm down. Now." He spoke with so much authority that it sent a chill down my spine but Bella didn't listen.

"Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you!" She yelled at them and I swear I saw her turning red the minute the group of guys started laughing.

"Bella let's just calm down and leave okay?" I tried reasoning with her but it was too late. The next thing I heard was a slap ring through the air as I saw her slap the mystery man.