24

I woke up around 9 am. Turning and tossing in bed, I didn't sleep till 4 am this morning. My mind was filled with thoughts of Zhan ge's situation. All the anger washed up like it had never happened. Now I miss him terribly. My heart hurts so much like bricks and mortar had crushed it. After taking a bath and brushing my teeth, I put on sweatpants and a hoodie. I walked to the dining area to drink coffee.

Nana was seated in her regular massage chair when I saw her. She didn't even know I was there. I hugged her, and she didn't bat an eyelash. As I pulled away from the hug, I held her shoulders.

Nana, what's wrong? I was so worried.

Ahh, Yibo, she snapped out of her trance. How are you? Did you sleep well? I could tell something was bothering her with her cracked voice.

I'm fine Nana, what is the problem? Did something happen?

She looked at me pitifully and cupped my face. Mrs. Xiao called this morning and said they rushed Zhan to the hospital.

Omg, is he okay? Which hospital? Before Nana would reply, I ran out of the house straight to Zhan ge's. No one was home. Immediately, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Mrs. Xiao's number.

Ahh, Yibo, you were sleeping. I didn't want Nana to wake you up, but I told her to tell you Zhan was rushed to the hospital. He passed out this morning. Her voice was trembling and she was sniffing as she spoke.

Which hospital are you in? I asked with a cracked voice as I try not to cry over the phone to aggravate her sadness.

Our family hosp- before she could finish her sentence I cut her off. I called grandma's chauffeur to pick me up on the road. However, I became so restless before he could reach me that I ran in the direction of the house and met him halfway.

As soon as I got into the car, he zoomed off. The ride to the hospital was long. I couldn't stop juggling my legs and biting my bottom lips. My eyes were red from crying, and I am beginning to have a headache. As soon as we arrived at the hospital, I saw Mr. Xiao near the elevator heading up. I shouted for him to help me keep it open. It wasn't until I greeted him up close that he knew I was the one. Even when I greeted him, he did not respond. But that didn't bother me as he had never liked me so it's not new to me. What is critical is to see Zhan ge.

Once the elevator opened, I followed him until I saw Mrs. Xiao in another private ward. I raced to her instead of waiting for him.

How is he doing? What did they say was wrong with him? Is it possible to speak with the doctor in charge? I asked her a series of questions. A nurse walked into the ward and I asked her to take me to the doctor.

Fortunately, the doctor had the test results in hand when he was going to see Zhan ge. He seemed gloomy and his expression showed slight confusion.

Hello, I am Yibo, a surgeon and a specialist in poisons and diseases. What did you discover? My heart raced as I asked him.

My name is Dr. Jun, and honestly, his test results are a bit confusing. His PVC is low, and he is dehydrated, both slow poison symptoms. However, It came out negative when I tested for poison. I'm in a fix here. The doctor sighed.

Can I see the result? I got it and nothing differs from what the doctor told me.

Can I use your pathology laboratory? Trying not to offend him, I asked politely.

And I could see his face lights up with curiosity. Anything you want, Dr. Yibo.

When I got to the laboratory, I asked the attendant to follow one nurse to help withdraw blood from Zhan ge's body. In five minutes she was back with blood and I asked her to get me white mice, a rabbit and a pig. I want to use Zhan ge's blood to experiment on them.

I injected each of them with 5ml of blood and kept them in an airtight container. Their temperature was checked every hour and after 14 hours, nothing happened. They were just restless. I did the same with another set of animals and placed them in the same airtight container, but allowed an opening for air conditioning to enter. Their temperature changed drastically every hour and after 5 hours, the white mice died. The rabbit didn't die, but it didn't move and it was breathing slowly. Despite the extreme temperature, the pig had red spots on his body and was vomiting blood.

The results shocked the doctor, and he knew what to do next. Zhan ge's health deteriorates every time he's exposed to cold.

The doctor did an MRI, but they found no abnormalities. I know this is going to be crazy and unacceptable. But, I asked the doctor to open Zhan ge, and I signed as his husband since his parents won't stop arguing.

They prep him up for surgery. I was there with them, but I won't take part in the surgery. My fear came to reality when they checked his organs. His spleen is completely deteriorated, his kidneys are damaged, and he needs a transplant immediately. His liver is also affected, but the good news is that it regenerates itself.

I immediately told them to run a test on me to see if my kidney was a match. By then, the doctor had seen where the poisonous table made a home in between his small and large intestines. He carefully removed it and did a splenectomy. By the time they finished, my result was out and I was a match.