28

It's been 6 months since Yibo left, and I'd heard nothing from him. I can't ask my parents either. It's going to be a long weekend. I'm completely healed and have never missed an appointment since the doctor told me not to eat certain foods. Every time I ask the doctor who the donor was, he never tells me who it was.

I was at the dining table on my laptop when I heard my parents talking and laughing. My headphones were the best choice for me. Ever since I listened in on my mom's conversation with Yibo, I haven't tried it again.

Out of curiosity, I shifted my headphones a bit. When I heard my dad mention Yibo's name. I got angry. What's his obsession with Yibo, anyway?

Yibo? No, he isn't married. I doubt he dated anyone after he and Zhan split up. He's only been raising his daughter. My mom told him.

Really? But I learned he was engaged a few years ago. My father interrogated her.

Yibo, he is not. They took part in a photoshoot for a clothing line. Perhaps those who adore them both ship them. She answered.

He should date. He is still young and a successful doctor. My dad said again, making me upset. What does he mean he should date?

Well, we are thinking of hooking him up with his supervisor at work. Mrs. Wang told me he won't stop staring at Yibo on his daughter's birthday and he has been disturbing him for almost 3 years, but Yibo just won't give him a chance. My mom said to my dad,

I  was excited within me to have eavesdropped. Oh, but how do I go about  it? Not like I know where he lives or works in Canada. I will google him. If I can't get his house address, I will get his work address. When I heard my parents talking again,

Zhan might listen in. My mother stated,

I have my doubts. He's wearing headphones, and even if he isn't, it's not like he doesn't have a boyfriend, even if he hasn't officially introduced him to us. Yibo was here the last time his boyfriend came to see him. My father retorted.

Suddenly, I had the urge to confront them and simply bite my father. However, I controlled my emotions.

Really? What does he look like? Tell me all about him. My curious mother asked.

Wouldn't it be better if you asked him yourself? There was an irritability in my dad's voice.

I just want to know, honey.

I don't think so, my dad said.

I immediately adjusted my headphones back when I heard footsteps.

Zhan Zhan, my mom called me, but I didn't hear her until she tapped me on the shoulder.

Mom, I turned to look at her. She sat in the chair next to me. You have a boyfriend, according to your dad. Can I meet him?

It's been 5 months since we broke up.

Oh, sorry. As she rubs my shoulder, I smile. Do you want anything?

No, mom, I am okay.

She walked back to my dad, and they continued their conversation. And this time I didn't listen in. I carried my laptop with me while walking to my room. I Googled Yibo's name and got his work address. All I have to do now is lay down a plan. Oh, boy, this is going to be difficult.

Two weeks later, I told her I was heading to Australia for a month's vacation and she was happy. Get yourself a boyfriend. "You're getting old," my dad screamed as I walked out of the door.

"I don't need a boyfriend, dad," I yelled back.

Whatever. He yelled again. And I laughed, excited about my trip.

When I got to the airport in Canada, I started getting anxious. Oh, Lord, please help me. I stayed at a hotel about five minutes' walk from the hospital. I got a room where my window faces the entrance of the hospital, so I can see when he comes in and steps out. But it's so lame I don't even know the car he drives.

I spent the day staring at the large glass window. The view was beautiful as I opened it for fresh air. I'm reading a book and drinking champagne.

I took a tour of the hospital in the evening. dressed in simple dark blue jeans and a white Burberry shirt. As soon as I got to the front desk, I couldn't help but ask about Yibo.

Yibo? A confused look crosses the face of the front desk attendant.

"Dr. Wang Yibo," I said, cocking my eyebrow.

Dr. Wang is in surgery. Are you scheduled for any appointments? She asks.

Currently, I don't have an appointment, but I would like one.

Give me a minute, she said, and checked her computer. I stared around at the hospital and saw it was large and clean until I heard the attendant's voice again. Dr. Wang is not available. If you want to book an appointment, you will see him in two weeks.

It's important. Can you squeeze me in today? Please, I pleaded.

He's busy for the rest of the day and only sees patients who need surgery or have critical conditions. You don't look like you are in critical condition to me. If you need to see another doctor, we have other doctors available.

Thank you, I understand. I will check back. Then I walked out of the hospital. I am thinking of what to do next. It was an impulse; I didn't plan it. An impulse of stupidity. I walked back to my hotel room and rested for the day before I came up with something else.

It's been two days since I arrived here, and, honestly, I don't know what to do. Something silly came to my mind, and I'm planning to do it. When I got to the hospital, I met someone else at the front desk, not the lady I met two days ago.

Good afternoon, is Dr. Wang around? I asked her, looking hopeful.

Good afternoon sir. Dr. Wang is around, but he is in surgery. She smiled at me.

Okay, this could work out, I thought. Can I wait for him?

Hmm, I don't think so, sir. After this surgery, he will have another one.

Aww, and I'd love to see him. His grandmother sent me to him.

Yibo's grandmother? A voice sounded behind me.

I turned around and looked at him. It was easy to recognize his face. I wanted to punch him, but I remembered when mom said Yibo wasn't interested in him.

Yes, do you know him? I asked, giving him a fake smile.

Who doesn't know Yibo? Come with me and tell me all about his grandmother. I hear he loves her so much. As soon as we entered his office, we sat down. I wasn't expecting the question he asked me. What is your name and how do you know Yibo?

My name is Sean, and I live next door to his grandmother. I smirked.

Oh, you're welcome. I'm Lewis, Dr. Lewis, and I'm the hospital's supervisor. He beamed.

Oh, nice meeting you, Dr. Lewis.

Hmm, do you know Yibo very well? Can you tell me a few things about him? What he likes and dislikes. What his ex-boyfriend looked like. I'm really interested in him, but he won't even consider me.

This man can't be serious. I thought.