26

Zhan's POV...

It did not bother me when Ziyi was cheating, not like I wanted anything to do with her. She should sort herself out. I told my parents everything, and her dad admitted it and begged not to be arrested.

I sent Ziyi divorce papers, and he gave my dad every penny we had made in the last few years. Not long after I started feeling sick, I knew deep down it was the work of Ziyi and her lover. I started feeling nauseous, and it gets worse when I was in an inhospitable environment. Then indigestion followed. And it's worsening by the day. Mom tried her darndest, but nothing seemed to work.

After several tests, everything seemed fine with the results, and then I thought God was punishing me for hurting Yibo. I accepted it as my fate, and I didn't bother seeing a doctor. Whatever happens, happens. I couldn't even attend my best friend's wedding. I'm happy he has Kuan.

Business is doing well. I'm not supposed to do this, but one trip to Canada won't hurt. However, I have been managing the pain and I have a hot water flask which has helped keep me warm whenever I'm in a chilly place.
Hopefully, if these business deals work, we won't have to worry about money for the rest of our lives again. I traveled to Canada despite knowing it was terrible for my health.

When I got to Canada, it wasn't as difficult as I thought. The business meeting turned out better than I expected. Now our company is going to be one of the richest in China. I should treat myself to a healthy meal since the meeting was fruitful. Before heading back to Beijing, I will take a tour of the city.

I saw a fancy restaurant, and the food appeared to be delicious. And they have a lot of customers.

It was so crowded that I took a double seat to back the entire crowd and just enjoy the outside view. Having asked the server to surprise me with their finest food, she said they would not disappoint me with their food.

I was munching on the delicious starter when I heard that sweet laugh. I know Yibo's laugh anywhere I hear it. When I turned to look in the laugh's direction, I saw Lu and her husband with their son. Cheng and Kuan, Yibo's mom, a girl not over 6 years old. I didn't see her face, but her voice was so sweet and she called Yibo papa. There's a man beside Yibo, looking at him lovingly. Then, a man and his girlfriend, I suppose.

The light in my eyes drained, and I turned pale. I lost my appetite immediately. I dropped a hundred-dollar bill on the table and left. My legs felt heavy as I dragged them out of the restaurant. I turned to look at him one last time before I left. I didn't know when tears rolled down my cheeks. My hotel was a five-minute walk away. I took a deep breath and wiped my tears. I hurried to my hotel room before people started wondering why a grown-ass man was crying like a baby on the road.

When I got to my room, I cried like I had been beaten. I hurt all over. What do I expect? It's been eight years, and he can't be single forever. I can't remember the last time I had alcohol. I drank myself to sleep. When I woke up, it was 11 p.m. I got a ticket and left the hotel.

I almost missed my flight. But I was still hung over. Instead of resting, I ordered a drink with ice from the flight attendant. I dozed off after a few glasses of alcohol.
A flight attendant woke me up. We are in Beijing.

Already? I asked. I must have slept the whole time. No one knew I was coming home. I took a cab and got in through the back door. My parents were sleeping when I got in. I walked to my room, took a hot shower, and fell asleep immediately.
When I woke up, it was 9 a.m.

Remembering how happy Yibo looked made my heart swell. He's moved on. He even has a daughter. There was so much pain in my body that I didn't know what to do. I just turned on my air conditioning and lay there. I was cold, but I didn't care.

Honestly, I didn't use the duvet at all. All I want is to get rid of everything. I don't want to feel anything anymore. And in no time, I felt dizzy and my phone started ringing. My mom rushed into my room.

Mom, I looked at her and everything turned blank.

When I woke up, it was the next day on a hospital bed. I was sore all over. My doctor told me I had emergency surgery, and I received a kidney donation, but the donor wanted to remain anonymous. I would love to repay the favor, and perhaps one day I will also be able to help someone in need.

I made donations to the hospital and some orphanage homes. I could swear I saw Yibo walk out of my ward, but I might have been hallucinating because of the heavy painkillers they put me on.

I stayed in the hospital for a week and saw the doctor once a week after I left the hospital.

I came out of my room and needed to drink water from the kitchen. I heard that familiar voice asking my dad if he wanted to see pictures of his daughter.

Yes, yes, my dad responded, and it annoyed me. What came to my mind was petty and immature, but I did it anyway. The bar I normally drink in has male strippers. I called the manager to send someone over to act as my fake boyfriend in front of my dad and Yibo.

My dad was giggling and laughing. She is so cute; she looks like her dad.

Dad? You even know her father? I was hurt again, first by Cheng, my best friend, and then by his sister. Now it's my dad. I was so bitter. I was about to cry when the guy said he was outside the house. I told him to come in and greet my dad and act all sweet with me, but he should be mean to Yibo.

They both raised their heads to look at me as I walked out of the kitchen and into the parlor. By God, he looked like a sex god. My breath hitched, and I gulped hard.

When Henry walked in, I was happy to see him. He took me out of my awkward moment.

He greeted my dad and I led the way to the garden.