27

We sat in the garden, and Henry sat in the chair opposite me. He leaned in and brushed my nose against my lips. I felt like punching him. Chill, I'm not about to kiss you. Play along, he is here. And he licked his lips, making sounds as if we had just kissed.

When I heard him clear his throat, Zhan ge. Before he could continue, Henry interrupted him.

He is Mr. Zhan, or simply Zhan. He rolled his eyes at him. I wanted to poke his eyes, but I remembered he was only doing what I hired him for.

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke. Mr. Zhan, Nana told me you were ill, so I came to see how you are doing.

He is fine, "Henry replied him with a smug smile on his face as he cupped my face."

Oh, he sounded dazed. Can I talk to you alone for a few minutes, Zhan ge, sorry, Mr. Zhan? He was controlling himself. I could feel it. Does he still love me? I facepalm mentally.

He is my boyfriend. You can say anything you want in front of him. I sounded cocky.

boyfriend? He sounded surprised.

Yeah, Henry replied with a grin. And I smiled sheepishly at him. I am happy I'm making him mad.

Hmm, it's... nothing. It's nothing. I just wanted to check up on you. Have a good day. He said and turned to leave. So soon, I thought in my head, "Please keep talking. I missed his voice so much.

Zhan, can you tell your guest to excuse us? I want to talk to you and Yibo. My dad said as he walked toward us. Not again, dad. And I got angry but didn't show it.

I laughed and got up. When did you get so close to Yibo that you wanted to talk to us, dad?

My dad sat on the chair opposite me and said, "Today is the first day."

Well, I'm busy, dad, and this is my boyfriend, so I'd like to be alone. Whatever you discuss with Yibo, you can tell me all about it later. I pulled Henry and we walked out.

Zhan, my dad yelled. But Yibo asked him to let me go.

I felt heartbroken when I saw the look on his face, but he hurt me too, when his boyfriend was all over him in Canada and Cheng teased him. That slim dog is not my friend anymore.

When we entered my room, I yanked Henry's hand away. The next time you come close to me like that again, I will strangle you.

Chill Mr. Zhan, I'm only doing what you paid me to do. If I don't make it look real, he might doubt you. He looks smart to me. So you still love him? Henry asked.

I choked on my saliva. I didn't expect him to ask that. Focus on what you're here for. And don't ever ask me questions ever again. I growled at him.

I'm sorry, he gestured with both hands.

As I thought of Henry's question, I never stopped loving him. even when things are difficult or impossible. I never stopped loving him.

I slept, not wanting to think of him. It hurts so much. When I woke up, it was 6 p.m. I ate fruits and sat in the garden with my laptop. I work from home most days and only attend important meetings.

I was on the phone when Henry rushed to the garden and told me Yibo was at the door. What is he doing here?

I left my laptop in the garden and we rushed to my room. I removed my polo shirt and wore my joggers. Henry removed his shirt too, leaving only a short on his body, and rushed to open the door.

You can't go in; he doesn't want to see you. I heard Henry yell at Yibo.

My door was open when I heard footsteps approaching. I closed the door and held the door handle. When Yibo pulled the door handle, I opened the door and blocked the entrance.

Yes, what do you want? I couldn't believe how cold I sounded. He looked so simple and damn sexy. I just wanted to pull him under me and make love to him.

What do you want? I asked again. He seemed lost in thought.

Can... can we talk, please? He sounded unhappy.

You can say whatever you want to say. I raise my eyebrows to look at him, but I don't remember what my face looked like. I tried so hard to hide my emotions and it's working.

Can he please excuse us? He pleaded.

No, I can't leave you with my boyfriend. Henry replied, and I mentally punched his mouth.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were here. Can I please talk to your boyfriend for a few minutes?

Baby, do you want to talk to him? Henry asked me.

If he speaks in front of you, yes, I will listen to him. If he won't talk in front of you, I'm not listening to him. I said and smiled at Henry. He bit his bottom lip and left. It's working. He is jealous of Henry, which means he still loves me. When he returns, I will listen to him. I entered the garden, and picked up my laptop.

I paid Henry a thousand dollars and asked him to leave. I blocked his number immediately after he left. Yibo, my fluffy lion, still loves me as much as I love him. It was the first time I felt genuinely happy in years. My heart was happy and content.

I slept like a baby that night. When I woke up in the morning, I was humming and dancing. I was so eager. Why hadn't he come? I checked my wristwatch; it was 9 a.m. If he is not here by noon, I will go to Nana's place.

My mom came out of her room and saw me happy. Her face was beaming. Did you get lucky last night? She questioned.

I just hummed. I can't tell her why I am excited yet.

When her phone rang, she picked it up, and I wished I hadn't listened in on her conversation. My heart trembled and I felt I was going to die.

Yibo called my mom to tell her he was in Canada, so it means he left last night. Omg, did I overdo it? I now regret that. I could have just listened to him. Or maybe he doesn't love me anymore.

Slowly, I walked to my room. I didn't know how long it took, and when I entered my room, I collapsed on my bed and cried like a baby.