Chapter 90

"You have fought," said the high, cold voice, again, "valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery."

"Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

They watched as death eaters started apparting out of the castle. Charlotte stood leaning against Fred, who had been helping her walk and fight.

"My family, I need to go see my family, and Madam Pomfrey." She said, looking down at her leg, which was still bleeding a bit.

"Great Hall," Charlotte told Fred, her head racing with the images of her family.

---

"Dad! Mum!" Charlotte shouted, as she looked around the great hall there were crowds of people, the dead laying in the middle of the row.

"There," Fred said, pointing to her family, even though he wanted to go and run to his family.

"Fred, you can go. I can walk from here," Charlotte said,

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine, I don't want to stop you from seeing your family," Charlotte said, he smiled, slowly letting go of Charlotte, before walking to his family, who were all alive, Charlotte noticed. Charlotte took a deep breath before limping to her family.

"Dad? Mum?" Charlotte said as they turned around.

"Charlotte," James breathed, as they came and hugged her.

"Where is everyone else?" Charlotte asked, smiling. Feeling relieved, Lily pointed towards the wall at the far end. Peter, Remus, Sirius, and Lilliana were all huddled together, standing by the wall talking to Mad-eye Moody.

"Where's Draco?" She asked,

"Charlotte... he's um-"

"What? He's what?" Charlotte asked, her smile falling. James pointed to Draco, who laid on the ground, unconscious, blood covering his shirt, his wand laid on the ground loosely in his hands. Charlotte felt like she stopped breathing, her whole body froze, and her worst fear had come true. She ran towards Draco, ignoring the pain in her legs.

"Draco," She said, falling to her knees next to him. She grabbed Draco by the shirt, her hands getting covered in blood, and shook him.

"Wake up!"

"He pushed Lily out of the way and then- "Charlotte's tears fell on Draco's shirt.

"Charlotte," Her dad said, kneeling next too, putting a hand on her back.

"What?"

"He's not dead."

"W-what?"

"His heartbeat is weak, but Madam Pomfrey is going to get a potion to help. He's going to be okay."

"He's not dead?" She asked, and he nodded.

"He's going to be okay,"

"But there's blood," She said,

"He has a wound that was already healed."

"He's okay, he's okay," Lily said, trying to calm Charlotte down. Charlotte rested her head against James's shoulder as Lily rubbed her back soothingly.

"Charlotte," Her Mother said,

"What?"

"Where's Harry?" Lily asked,

"He's alive. He's here somewhere, but he's alive."

"I need to find him. We need to make sure he doesn't go to Voldemort. Did you see him?" James asked. Charlotte shook her head.

"Not sure." She watched Madam Pomfrey rush into the Great Hall, bottle in hand.

"Here! Here it is!" Madam Pomfrey said, before sitting on the ground, tilting Draco's head up, and pouring the drink down his throat.

"It usually takes a second or two." Madam Pomfrey said, her voice not sounding very confident. Charlotte felt like she couldn't breathe as she finally watched Draco open his eyes.

"Ugh, what happened? My mouth feels like someone poured down acid it burns," He said. Charlotte laughed, relieved, as Draco sat up. Charlotte threw her arms around Draco, burying her head into Draco's neck.

"Draco, are you okay?" James asked. Draco nodded.

"Thank you, Draco," Lily said, smiling. The death eater's curse almost hit her right in the chest, but Draco had pushed her away, the curse hitting him right on the chest.

"Are you okay?" Draco whispered to Charlotte, as he hugged her.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Fine, I feel good, actually. I think the potion restored my strength. I feel like I took a big nap."

"You can't do that again," Charlotte said, smacking Draco on the chest.

"Ow, do what?" He asked.

"Almost die! Do you understand? You don't get to die." Charlotte said. Draco nodded, as he pushed Charlotte's hair out of her face.

"Not today, I promise."