Twelve: Be Mine!

I huff for the 10th time.
"How can hatred turn to love so quickly?"

Kauthar and I decided to visit Muhibba.
Kauthar and I have been friends since we were in primary school and I only got to meet Muhibba after marrying Muhammed but both women were my rock at my worst, that's how they became friends as well.

"What? It's not possible?" Kauthar asks.
"It's not that it's not but—he really hated me"

Muhibba hisses "Sometimes I wonder if you shut off your thinking. Didn't he tell you it's because of what happened with his ex? Didn't his sister explain what happened?"

"Oh"
She rolls her eyes "Exactly. He seems genuine to me"

"So what? After that confession, now what?" I ask.
"Confront him" Kauthar blurts out.

I gasp.
"Come on, women can too"
"Nah, I don't think I can"

Kauthar has an open mind. She doesn't see anything wrong in a woman making the first move, as long as she gets what she wants and it's not like it's a bad thing but most women can't because they're afraid of being denied, I'm most women.

"Nah, you cannot confess anything. Wait—"
I raise my eyebrows.
"Do you like him too?"

"I'm not sure. At first I hated him because of his attitude but eventually I've gotten so comfortable around him, he's reliable and he's a good person"
"So what's stopping your relationship?"

"Relationship? He just momentarily said he liked me and what would people say?"
"Don't care what people say, they weren't there when you married Muhammed, let them talk"

I gulp down the rest of my water nervously "I'll get another bottle in the kitchen"

I hurry out.
Entering the kitchen I find Muktar.
"How are you?" He asks awkwardly.

I nod "I'm good"
He smiles "You seem better, happier"

"I am, I never thanked you properly for being on my side back then"

"You don't need to thank me, I only did what was right. I can't have something like that on my conscience. I'm sorry we couldn't help sooner"
I chuckle "That's all in the past anyway but I'm really thankful"

He nods.
I pick up a bottle of water and join the girls.

"So, I think you should play dumb, like he never said a thing. If he says it again, give it a chance".

::

Mutassim and I were going out, Fadila insisted on tagging along so we let her.
We're going to a furniture store, apparently he, Dahir and I have the best style and of course Dahir is too busy.

We're in the car on our way back home.
"Uh—Fadila, send Laura the pictures and call her to inform her. Abba said she should choose the one she wants from the four we chose"

"Okay"

Hello Ya Laura?

Yes, we sent them via WhatsApp.

Wai you should choose the one you want so they can order it right away.

We're already on our way back.

I'll be honest with you, just let them choose for you, your taste is terrible.

Have you ever seen me wear it, I'm just telling you. What's cooking anyway?

Hello?

"She ended the call on me?"
"What have you never worn?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Oh, last two years she started knitting, she knitted me a hoodie but it was so ugly. I've actually worn it"