Twenty: Collapse!

There's something with Samira.
Sometimes she's sweet and nice and other times she talks as if I'm her greatest enemy, I really don't get it.

I was peacefully watching Dolunay, a Turkish series I'm obsessed with when she barged in and jumped on my bed excitedly.

"Ooh, what's going on?"
"I'm sad"

I was confused "But you look excited"
"I know" she frowns "I'm trying to stay optimistic"

"What's wrong?"
She huffs "I have this ex, I want him back so bad but he has eyes for another"

"Why did you two break up in the first place?"
She huffs "Well, he says I remind him of his mother, that I'm too ambitious but I know there are still feelings"

I stare at her "Does he call you?"
She shakes her head "But we see each other often"

I nod "Is he the one who approaches you?"
"He doesn't have to" she says annoyed.

I nod again.
"Look, I'll be honest with you, a man in love with you can't stay a day without hearing from you. No man is too busy for the person he loves so don't be fooled. Saying sorry I was busy is just a weak excuse"

She rolls her eyes "Wait—just because you were in a terrible marriage that ended doesn't mean you know how relationships work, you go around poking into peoples lives and giving stupid speeches because you were married for what, two years? Please, spare me all that gibberish" she hisses and walks out, slamming the door behind her.

I was in shock.
Is she in denial or something.

::

I think I'm damaged.
This is not me being dramatic, I'm very serious.

Dahir is good looking, caring and romantic but I can't help but question our relationship. Everyone says it's not the same, he's not Muhammed but there was a time I thought Muhammed wouldn't hurt a fly but he did, he hurt me badly.

Now I question if dating someone else months later is good for you, it might be another huge mistake and I don't want to experience any more consequences, I really don't.

I love him, a lot but is it worth it?
So that's why I want a to ask him for a break. I know it's stupid to ask for a break for no reason but I think it's only right.

I also plan to go home, things are better with my parents now and technically speaking the 'everyone' I mentioned were actually his family.

Even Malik told me to be certain, he said he knew and trusted Dahir but it's not like he can be sure of his character a hundred percent. I don't want to take risks, I'm not willing to.

Anyway, I came to check up on Abba.
Dahir is worried about him, he says he doesn't look so well and he's right, he seems sick and dispirited.

I enter his living room and find him lying down on the carpet.
"Abba?"

He raises his head, looks at me and smiles before sitting up.
"What's going on on this fine day?" He asks smiling widely, the way he normally does.

I sit across him on the rug.
"I came to see how you're doing"

He chuckles "Dahir sent you, didn't he?"
"He's worried and I can understand why"

He smiles "I feel lucky, Mutassim and Abubakar came this morning, Farouq last night, Fadila, Bashir and Jaafar after Fajr yesterday, I'm a lucky man"

"They came because we are all worried about you, Dahir said he promised to take you to the hospital but you've been dodging"
He laughs "He's stubborn"