[3]

"Welcome to our tonight's ball. As every year there will be a challenge you have to succeed or you might end up dead," my favorite part of the night. "Today, the challenge will be a little bit more different because we will test each others trust." Seems promising. "There will be pairs you will choose, one of you will be blindfolded and the other one will have to try to not shoot the other after they drink 3 shots of vodka and been spinned 10 times."

This is indeed different. In the previous years, there was more torture you had to endure, and the last one standing wins.

Of course I won.

I am also planning on doing that tonight.

"I guess we are a team," Enzo whispered in my ear, so close that I could feel his calm breathing on my skin, and for some reason, it made me nervous for a second.

"I guess we are," I simply say as I see a pair going to the stage.

"We are going to choose which one is which," the host said "Romano you will be blindfolded, and Suzy, you will have the gun."

Loud claps were heard all over the ballroom, but I just analyze the situation.

The man had been blindfolded, and he's clearly nervous.

The woman has drank the three shots of vodka, and I already see her swaying on her feet a little bit.

I can't judge her. The Russian vodka is strong for someone who may not drink at all.

She spinned ten times, and now she was clearly confused, narrowing her eyes at the man in front of her with the gun slightly shaking.

"Shoot," the host commanded, and when the shot was fired, the man was shot in his shoulder. He screamed in surprise at the sudden pain and holding his shoulder, taking his blindfold off, looking angry at the woman.

"Next one," the host said, and a doctor came to take both of them off the stage and bandage the mans injuries.

This show has been going for an hour straight, and I was kind of getting bored to watch the same thing go over and over again.

"Evelyn Lukov and Enzo De Luca come at the stage."

I smirk. "Do you want to give you a little trim?" Enzo asks in a low voice.

"I won't mind, I do have a little thing for pain that unless you will be the one that will be shot at. Can you endure the pain of being shot?" I ask

He couldn't answer because we were already on the stage, and everyone was whispering when they saw me. It's like I could hear all the things they were saying behind my back.

"Evelyn, you will be blindfolded," a man came up to me and put a piece of cloth over my eyes and put me in front of Enzo "Enzo you will shoot.

I stand still as I hear Enzo drinking all three shots and placing them back on the tray, then hear his steps as they are spinning him.

I assume the ten spins were completed when there was not one other sound than his breathing "Shoot," the host commanded, and I felt the bullet pass my arm by only a thread.

I remain still not showing any emotion, and the crowd applauded.

The same man came behind me and took my blindfold off, and I blink repeatedly until my eyes get used to the light.

Enzo, in front of me, is smirking as he looks at how close he shot.

"I sense they will be the winners of tonight! Does everyone agree?" The host asks.

Everyone yells yes.

I go to stand beside Enzo and whisper, "I thought you wanted to give me a little trim."

"I don't hurt women," He answers sincerely

I scoff "I am not the normal women you may have met, Enzo"

"I know," He says, smiling in the corner of his mouth. "That's why I chose you"

"It has been decided Evelyn Lukov and Enzo De Luca. Congratulations. " The crows breaks in applauds, making me smirk.

We go off the stage, and Enzo holds out his hand for me to take. "Let's go to the car," he says. I nod and put my hand around his arm, and we walk outside the building.

He opens the pasager seat, and I climb in. He goes around the car and hops in into the drivers seat, the car roars as it's brought to life.

He drives out the parking lot, and there is silence between us.

It's weird that we acted like we actually knew each other at the ball when this was the first time we ever met.

He is not like I expected him to be or how I have heard, or at least he hasn't shown that side of his around me yet.

I can not trust him yet, and I don't need to get comfortable around him, to not let my guard down.

"We head to my private jet," he says, looking at the road with his fingers curled around the steering wheel.

I nod my head but then realize he doesn't see me "okay" I murmur

"Then we will land in Sicily, and from there, we will drive to my mansion." Why is he telling me all this? He practically bought me, I can't say I won't go with him.

I hum and play with my necklace.

"Did your father tell you what you will do in Italy?"

"No. He just told me I will live there for long term."

"Well, you will help me with missions, and you will be my adviser." Why did he of all people pick me?

"Adviser?" I ask, surprised. Does he really have that much trust in me?

"Yes. You will come with me at meetings and tell me if there is something I don't notice and you can as well give me advices" In this way I could be able to inform father about the Americans situation but do I really want to do it?

I will live with him, in his house, with his people, and I will become a member of the Italian Mafia. That will be my new home. Will I really betray them?

My father can't do anything to me anymore.