[25]

"I think it's too early to do this move, Evelyn," Matteo says as I get my bag on the jet.

"It's the only thing I can do. I can't just let my mafia without a leader."

"But then William will know exactly where you are. You will be an easy target amore" Enzo says.

"That's what I am planning on."

"What do you mean?" Angela steps in

"The ceremony will be televised, right?" They all nod."So he will see for sure, and I will invite him for a little chat in a special place I have prepared and then end him. It seems pretty simple to me."

"And what if he doesn't?" Enzo asks, crossing his arms at his chest.

"He's too dumb to not come. He always had a thing for me and still has, but now that I technically betrayed him once again, he will want me dead. Poor him, he really thought I wanted to give him a chance during those days at his mansion. "

"What if he succeeds in killing you? I've seen him in action before. You shouldn't underestimate him." Angela says.

"He won't. I will be there to make sure nothing happens, right?" Enzo says

"Yeah. I need to take my revenge. He took too much from me. First Rory, Alek, and now my father."

"Who's Rory?" Matteo asks.

Ah shit I didn't realize I mentioned her too!

"None of your business," I say casually.

"I want to know too. She's been mentioned before, and you didn't tell me about her, " Enzo says

"I will tell you but... when we are alone, okay?" He's the only one I trust with this story.

"That's not fair!" Matteo said

"Unlucky you." I smile and get on the jet, and Enzo follows me as Matteo and Angela remain in Italy to take care of the business.

I take a glass of champagne and take a little sip. "So who is she?" Enzo asks, looking at me like he is lost in me.

"She was my girlfriend," I begin, and I see he's more interested. "No one knew about us. We were both on a mission in America. That's how I met William, too. After we finished our mission, we kind of had to do an emergency escape, and we took our private jet, but William managed to hack it, and we crashed into the ocean. She died drowning and I had to wait for another day until the help came," a tear escaped my eye " That's why I told you I had a bad experience with planes in the time we first met."

"I'm sorry." He says quietly

"It's okay. She would have wanted me to get over it and be happy, so that's what I am trying to do." I smile weakly.

He returns the smile and then asks, "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"What was the mission about?"

"My father wanted me to go undercover since I was a spy and give him information about William's mafia. Of course, for me to get closer to him...I had to seduce him and have sex with him multiple times that it became something usual to him that he wouldn't even ask anymore -"

"I am going to kill that mother fucker!" Enzo says angrily, as I can see the fury in his eyes and his fingers formed into a first.

"Hey you have a little competition here! I want to kill him too"

"We will do it together" He says placing his hand on my leg, near my tight.

"There's something else too" I say looking at my feet. I don't know how he will react to this.

"What is it?"

"While you were in that basement in order to make him trust me again I had to have sex with him.." I say and close my eyes for a second and waited for him to yell at me and ask me why the hell I did that to him-

He sighs and makes small circles on my tight with his thumb "I'm not mad, Evelyn." He says making me look at him.. " I understand you had to do it. If I am mad on someone then I am mad on him. He's the one that will take my rage. It's not your fault, amore"

"Really? You aren't mad?"

"Not even one bit" He says smiling and kissing my forehead.