[15]

The moment I enter the mansion, I go straight to the bathroom and take a hot shower to warm up my body.

After I dried myself and blowdried my hair, I put a black hoodie on and some sweatpants.

I hear a knock on my door and say to them, "Come in."

Roman enters the room. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I've been better," I smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to check on you. Since you had to experience this trauma again."

"How do you know about that?" I furrow.

"It's in the file I made about you, remember?" He says.

I don't remember seeing on it anything about that accident. "Oh yeah, of course. I forgot, " I smile playing it off.

It doesn't feel right.

"It's okay. We all forget sometimes. Also Enzo wanted to talk to you, " he says.

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute." He nods and walks away.

How could he know about that? I haven't told anyone about Rory or that accident, not even my dad.

Is he the mole? It could make sense. There was for sure a hacker who took control over the jet me and Enzo were on, and he is the only one who knew at what our we would take the that plane.

I have to keep an eye on him for now.

If my suspicion is true, Enzo has some shitty loyal men. First Angelo and now Roman. God, I really like Roman.

I walk towards Enzo's office and enter without knocking.

"Don't you know how to- Evelyn?" He says once he looks up.

"You wanted to talk?" I say, taking a seat.

"Yes. It's about the Americans."

"What about them?" I ask

"They sent me something.. " He says and takes out a box from under his desk and puts it on the table. "I'm so sorry, amore,"

"What are you talking about?" I furrow as I get to my feet and open the box.

My eyes widen and gasp when I see my brothers head in it stained by blood.

No

"Alek," I whisper, feeling how water builds up in my eyes "Эти ублюдки. я собираюсь убить их"

(Those bastards. I'm going to kill them)

"Evelyn, don't do something stupid that will get you killed," Enzo says

I pick up the note that is also in the box.

Dear Silenced Woman,

We heard you teamed up with our enemy. This is little warning of what could happen if you don't leave the italian mafia and team up with us.

Regards,
William, the Don of the American Mafia.

"Does my father know about this?" I ask, trying to contain my anger, turning my emotions off, my grief going inside me focusing only on the rage.

"I don't know. I haven't got a call from him. "

I nod my head and slid the note to him. "What should we do?"

"You can't go to them, Evelyn."

"Then what should I do?! The next one to have his head in a box might be you!" I yell

"That's not going to happen, amore." He says, getting up and walking up to me.

"How do you know, huh? It's my fault it's always my fault. Everyone I love fucking dies!" I yell as I feel tears come out my eyes.

"That's not true, Evelyn" Enzo says taking me in his arms as I sob uncontrollably.

"I'm going to kill them for what they did."

"You will amore, we will do it together" After a few moments of sobbing the tears stop. There's nothing left anymore.

"I need to call my father and tell him about this" I say getting out of Enzo's arms.

"Okay. Call him from the phone in my office"

"Thank you"

I quickly time my father number in and after five rings he answers "Говорит Владимир Луков." His voice rings through the phone.

(Here is Vladimir Lukov speaking)

"Отец, Алек мертв. Его голову прислали мне в резиденцию итальянской мафии." I say with no emotion in my voice.

(Father, Alek is dead. His head has been sent to me at the italian mafia residence.)

"Эвелин. Кто это сделал?!" He says rage evident in his voice. A rage I know very well.

(Evelyn. Who did that?!)

"Чертовы американцы. Они хотят, чтобы я присоединился к ним, иначе будет больше последствий."

(The fucking Americans. They want me to join them or there will be more consequences.)

"Тогда делай то, что у тебя получается лучше всего, дочка. Стань шпионом и отомсти за своего младшего брата, тогда мы нападем. Вся Россия будет против ни" He says in a deadly tone that I know he uses when he thinks of a plan.

(Then do what you are the best at doing, daughter. Go as a spy and revenge your little brother then we will attack. All Russia will be against them)

At this moment I have no idea if Enzo understands a thing. Me and father talk really quickly.

"Я сделаю, как ты сказал, отец, будь готов атаковать, когда я тебе скажу."

(I will do as you say father, be ready to attack when I tell you to)

"Никто не пойдет против России, иначе они погибнут."

(Nobody goes against Russia or they end up dead)

With that he ends up the call and I know exactly what I have to do.

"Evelyn" Enzo says in a tone that I know he understood the entirety of my conversation with my father.

"I have to, Enzo." I say. "I have to respect my fathers wishes and revenge my dead brother"

"Please Evelyn," he pleads "you might not get out alive if they find out you spy on them and not actually be apart of them"

"It's risk I am willing to take, Enzo"

He cups my face searching my eyes "Please, don't do it. For me, amore. I can't lose you" I shake my head and put my hands over his.

"You won't lose me, Enzo. I will come back. I have my people. They will come to my back up if something happens"

And then I look at his lips and do something I might regret later.

I crush my lips into his, silencing him.

Forgeting about everything and everyone. He is the only one I focus on.

He is surprised for a second before kissing me back.

When we pull away both of us are out of breath, resting our foreheads on each others as I whisper "Trust me with this"

We pull away and he looks at me with sad eyes "Okay. I can't change your mind."

"Thank you, Enzo. I will leave after the funeral." I say quietly.

He nods his head and kisses me again.