[13]

I tap my head injury with a cuttom pad, trying to clean it up. I'm lucky it doesn't need any stiching.

We made it back to the hotel.

The Americans know we are in Los Angeles, so tonight we leave back to Italy.

It's not safe.

Roman and the others already left with a plane.

Me and Enzo will be taking the jet after we clean up.

After I finished cleaning my head, I took off my shirt to take a look at my arm. I am only in my bra as I start cleaning the blood around the wound.

Enzo left to talk to Roman about something and is supposed to be on his way back to the hotel room.

I use alcohol to clean the wound, and I grit my teeth as I do it. Then, I wrap a clean white bandage over it and change it into a clean shirt.

I hear the door open, and I exit the bathroom to see Enzo having a painted look on his face.

He looks up at me and asks, "Can you help me with my back?"

"Yeah, come in the bathroom," I say. He walks inside and begins to take his shirt off.

I almost gasp when I see little tiny pieces of glass stuck into his back and little burns.

I take some tweezers. "You can hold into the counter. It might hurt, " I say. He nods head and holds with both of his hands on the side of the counter, looking at me from the mirror in front of me.

I take my gaze off his face and concentrate on taking the glass off.

I might have gotten distracted a few times, but I managed to take all the pieces off and throw them in the trash.

Enzo didn't make a sound. He just looked at my reflection from the mirror.

I take a cutton pad and begin wipping away the blood from his back and sanitizing his wounds.

When I am done, I squad down and take out from the drawer an ointment for his back.

"You have some burns on your back. This will help," I say, taking off the cap.

He hums "Do what you have to do"

I begin to apply the cold ointment on the affected parts of his back.

I feel him stiff uder my fingers for a second before relaxing and getting used to the coldness of the ointment.

"How do you know to dress your wounds?"he asks, breaking the silence.

"My father taught me since I was little. He used to say I would get often hurt in my life, and he was right." I say recalling the first day he split open my arm and made me stich myself up.

Or when he drove me to a woods near our house and left me there to see if I could manage to survive and return home on my own in the middle of the night.

Of course, I still had a tracker on me in case I wouldn't make it until morning, but it was still terrifying. I was 13 when he made me do that.

"Done," I say after finishing massaging his back. He lets go of the counter, and I wash my hands to get the ointment out.

When I turn around, I see Enzo in the doorstep, shirtless, looking at me. "What?" I ask.

He was about to say something when he changed his mind and instead told me.

"Thank you, Evelyn." Then he walked away.

~

We get into the private jet and start taking off.

I look out the small window when I ask, "How did they know we were here?" I ask.

"I have no idea," Enzo says, "unless we have a traitor who warned them."

"Do you have any idea who could it be?"

"Not yet, but I will look into it when we arrive in Italy," He says.

When I turn my head to look at him, he already looks at me. "Do you always just stare at me?" I ask.

"Sometimes," He admits.

I raise my eyebrows. "Didn't thought you would admit"

"Why wouldn't I? You look beautiful, " he says seriously.

I roll my eyes and hide my smile.

The plane shakes, making me hold tight into the arm rest and close my eyes.

They're just turbulences, Evelyn. You do not need to worry.

"Don, we have a problem!" The pilot says through the microphone.

Ah shit.

Enzo gets to his feet and goes to the pilot. I follow him.

"What happened?" The jet shakes again.

"Someone hacked into the system. We are going down. "

My eyes widen, breathing heavily.

No no no no no no no no not again

I turn around at my seat and look out the window that we are above an ocean and going down by the second.

This can't fucking happen again and above an ocean!

I run my hand through my hair.

I can't

The jet shakes again. I put a hand on the seat to steady myself.

Enzo comes to my side and cups my face looking in my eyes, worry and fear written on his face too. " Listen to me,Evelyn. We have to jump"

"I can't " I choke out.

"Yes yes you can, amore. I am with you." He brushes my cheek. "Take my hand"

He holds out his hand and I take it, holding to it like my life depends on it.

We go to the emergency exit and the pilot comes there to to open the door. "I have to remain here," the pilot says "You two jump"

Enzo nods his head and the pilot opens the door. We are going down too fast.

We are almost into the ocean "Now!" Enzo yells and we jump out into the cold water of the ocean.