Chapter Fifteen

Jamila is quiet the whole ride home, Ah mama and baba, the two people I can count on no matter what. Then dumb and dumber, haha. I miss them. Harun appears to be lost in thought too, interesting. I wonder what's bugging him. Maybe work, a doctor's job is never done. Harun looks over at Jamila who's gazing at him silently.

'What?' He asks gently, self consciousness kicking in right now.

'Nothing, just looking,' Jamila smiles at him, Walla he's too cute. He smiles back and continues driving. They finally reach home; Harun parks the car and hastens to her Jamila's side. Such a gentleman. She gets out with a sigh, Harun holds out his hand for her and she clings on to it. He squeezes it lovingly and they walk inside. The rest of the family isn't home yet and so they're alone for the moment. Harun turns on a few lights, Jamila gazes at the house she visited frequently over the past few months, it's like I'm walking in here for the first time.

'Come on,' Harun observes her expression. What is she doing?

'Oh, sorry.'

'Just looking?' He teases her, Jamila rolls her eyes.

'Yes actually. I was thinking about how we met so many times yet it feels like my first time.' Jamila walks up to her husband who's halfway up the stairs, she stops when she's one step ahead to be at level with him. He watches her with a small grin.

'Our meetings were interesting weren't they,' he jerks his head, telling her to keep walking.

'The best,' Jamila lifts her Abaya and continues. Why do I feel like he's staring at me? Distract yourself! 'How much more?' She clears her throat.

'One more and turn left,' his voice is closer than she expects, goosebumps spring on her arm. She turns left and stops because the lights are turned off.

'What?' He asks but she doesn't respond. 'Are you scared?' He stands so close but doesn't touch her. Jamila smacks what she thinks is his arm. He chuckles at her behavior and holds her hand. 'Follow the leader my precious,' Harun says in a British accent. Jamila giggles at him, that sounded so good.

'Sire, you frustrate me,' she plays along as he opens his room door.

'Frustrate?'

'Hmm,' Jamila tugs her hand free and takes in the vastness of his room. Immaculate. The bed, wow.  This room is huge, is it possible to even tidy up? Harun notices where her eyes land and can't help but smirk; well it belongs to her too.

'I think that frustrate is the wrong word.' His accent returns to normal and he takes off his coat, throws away his tie, unbuttons a few buttons on his shirt and leans against his dressing table which is on the other side of the room.

'What word would suit you best then?' Jamila creeps towards the bed and splays her hands against the white quilt, so soft.

'I think, pervasive,' Harun deliberately takes slow steps in her direction. She knows that he has a plan up his sleeve, what are you up to Khaled? He's the predator. My heart is beating so fast Walla it almost hurts. He halts in front of her with a smile. She tries to back away but he traps her, grinning now.