Chapter 50 - Epilogue

Five Years Later

The sun shines brightly and the wind whips against my skin. The sound of children's laughter rings out in the air and I lean my forearms on the top deck railing. My family is spread out across the main deck of the yacht.

Elle, officially in the double digits, is laid out beside Victoria and Rosa, soaking in the sun. She looks more and more like Maria every day. Enzo and Catarina sit under a canopy snacking on cut fruit. Gabriella, Annabella, and Mario chase each other around in a very loud game of tag. The three of them are inseparable, they have been since they were born. Julian and Sofia have their legs dangling over the side of the boat.

"Hey," Luca comes to stand at my side.

"Hey," I glance at him briefly.

"Christ," he chuckles lightly, "look how big they're getting."

"I know," I nod in agreement.

It really is crazy to think about. The twins are starting kindergarten later this year. It feels like just yesterday they were still in diapers.

The duo ended up looking like me. Both with bright blond hair and honey eyes. It would probably bother Rosa more if Julian wasn't her spitting image.

"Gabby's pissed she has to wear a uniform," he continues.

I laugh and nod, "understandable."

"Look," he juts his chin towards the front of the boat, "we're about to dock."

"Let's go," I say as I brush past him. I jog down the narrow staircase and walk onto the main deck.

"Daddy!" Anna exclaims, running over. She ducks behind me with a squeal. "You gotta protect me."

"From what, principessa?" I ask, laughing.

"No fair!" Mario huffs as he comes into view, "you can't hide behind Daddy. That's cheating."

"Nuh uh," Anna counters, "he's safe zone, right?"

"Sure, sweetheart," I reply, ruffling her hair.

"Zio Gio," Gabby whines, "that's cheating."

"Mia gamelli," Rosa starts. She crosses the deck, long tanned legs on full display, before crouching in front of our oldest. "Did you look at the beach yet?"
(My twins)

They both shake their heads no before running to the railing. Rosa laughs and rises to her full height. I grab her hip with one hand and pull her closer. She gasps, hands falling against my chest to steady herself, before smiling up at me.

"How's my beautiful wife?" I ask, peppering kisses across her jaw and down her neck.

"Much better now," she replies breathily.

"You wanted attention, hm?"

"I always want your attention," she confesses softly.

"Good," I smirk against her skin, "I have an idea."

"Is that so?" she breathes out.

"It is," I murmur in her ear.

"Anna, Mario, Julian," I call out. All three of our kids whip around to look at me. "Go with Zio Luca and Zia Victoria. Mommy and I have to take care of something on the boat."

"Don't take too long," Mario replies.

"Yeah," Anna adds, "or we'll eat cake without you."

"You will do no such thing," Rosa laughs, shaking her head.