chapter fifteen

the next day eryn noticed how smiley mackenzie was. he noticed how touchy she was with nixon and how often she looked over at him. mason and nixon went to go to the bathroom, which left mackenzie and eryn alone at the table.

"what's got you so smiley?" he asked, which made her blush remembering what happened the night before.

"we, well... he-"

"you did not." he cut her off with a gasp.

"i think so." she replied, resting her face in her palms. he stared at her with shock, his hand over his mouth.

"no fucking way." he laughed, watching the boys walking back from the bathroom.

"we have to talk about this later." she nodded and smiled as nixon sat next to her.

"still no food?" he chuckled softly while wrapping his arm over her shoulder and pressed a kiss to her cheek.
-------
the four were walking around the mall, mason and nixon getting to know each other more while eryn and mackenzie just talked mindlessly like they usually did.

"so, what happened with you and nixon?" eryn asked, watching the boys ahead of them turn into a shop.

"i'm not really too sure, but it felt.. so good." she muttered, crossing her arms while leaning against the wall of the shop.

"did he touch you?" eryn asked, and she nodded.

"did he use a condom.. at least?" he asked again, but her eyebrows furrowed.

"a what?" he groaned. this was more awkward than he expected it to be.

"you know, like.. protection." she hummed.

"oh, no.. i don't think we got that far." he sighed as the other two walked out of the store.

"no luck?" she asked nixon.

"nope." he smiled down at mackenzie. his hand snaked around her hips and held her close, his lips pressing to the top of her head.
---
later nixon and mackenzie went back to his house to lay down for awhile. they were both pretty awkward about what happened last night. mackenzie because it finally happened and nixon because he did it without talking to her about what everything was.

"mackenzie." he said softly and pulled himself to sit up. she smiled and sat up with him, straddling his lap.

"yeah?" he rested his hands on her hips.

"i never should've touched you with telling you everything." he started but she shook her head.

"i asked you to."

"i know you did, but i should've at least let you set a safe word." her eyebrows furrowed.

"safe word?" he nodded again.

"yeah, something you'll say if you want me to stop. it tells me that what i'm doing is unbearably painful or uncomfortable and you don't like it."

"what about red?" she asked.

"yeah that works.. because there's also a color system.. and i'll ask you what's your color to know how you're feeling.. do you know the color system?" she shook her head. she felt like she should know about all of this stuff but really she was just never too curious about it.

"well green is good.. you feel good and you want me to continue what i'm doing.. yellow means your unsure, or it sorta hurts.. or it tells me i should slow down.. and red means stop, like your safe word." his arms wrapped around her body and pulled her closer.

"got it?" she shrugged.

"i feel like it's a lot of stuff to remember." he smiled and pecked her cheek.

"i can remind you anytime you need me to... you don't have to remember right away." she smiled and cupped his cheeks.

"you can't lie when i ask you your color.. i need to know how you're feeling no matter what." she nodded and pressed their lips together.

"i'm glad it was you." she muttered, rubbing her thumbs against the skin of his cheeks.

"hmm?" her eyes went from his lips to his eyes.

"i mean i'm glad you're my first time.. i was scared my first, everything.. would be ruined by some guy that doesn't even care, but i feel like you care more about my feelings than your own... really i feel like that's part of the reason i waited so long." nixon smiled and pecked her lips, smiling at her smile.

"of course i care about your feelings." nixon said softly, running his hands up her back. his hands ran through her hair and again kissed her cheek. she kissed his lips one more time before laying onto his shoulder. nixon continued to rub her back as he felt her body growing heavier, her breathing also getting heavier.

"sweetheart." he said softly, kissing her head. when he got no answer he just laid them both down and fell back into their movie.
------
when nixon noticed how dark it was he carefully shook her awake while gently kissing her face.

"quit." she whined, pushing his face away.

"it's 9 my love.. i need to get you home." he sat up but she whined again, holding onto his body.

"cant i just just stay with you?" he shrugged and kissed her cheek again.

"wouldn't you have to ask your parents, and i'd have to ask my parents." she sighed and rolled onto the bed to find her phone.

"want me to ask my parents?" mackenzie nodded while rubbing her eyes.

"yes please." he smiled before walking out of the room. he returned and climbed back into bed, pulling her into his lap.

"my parents said it's okay if your parents are okay with it." mackenzie frowned.

"they said no.. but they never let me stay out on school days so i figured they would." he hummed, pressing his lips to her temple.

"that's alright.. i can get you some dinner and drop you off at home, we'll see each other tomorrow." she nodded again and climbed off of his bed before grabbing her backpack.

"got everything?" he asked after watching her stuff her things into her back pack. she nodded and followed him down the stairs, saying goodbye to his family before walking out to the car.

"it's chilly out." he said while pulling off his hoodie, handing it to her.

"oh, no thank you... i'm fine." he opened the passenger door of his car.

"shh, put it on.. what do you want for dinner?" he closed the door after her and went to get in on the drivers side.

"oh my mom cooks on sundays... you don't have to get me dinner."

"are you sure?" he glanced over to her and placed his hand in her lap.

"yup." she smiled, lacing their fingers together while snuggling into the warmth of his hoodie. she's glad he didn't accept giving it back.