40: Rising Fighter & A Carton of Milk

I can't believe what I just did.

Ringing-- an intense roar of the crowd rings and resonates around the underground club, and unlike any other rings, this boxing ring was coated in literal crimson red. It smelt of steel, rust and blood.

At the corner of my vision, Taehyung watches intently, focusing on my movements. As I locked eyes with him, he seemed to shoot me an assuring look that he'll clean up the rest if I get tired.

....And tired, I won't be.

I refocused my breathing, vision dead set on the asshole that was my opponent. He smirks in a relaxed manner.

"After I win, let's have some fun at a hotel, miss."  he teases.

But much to his dismay, I fully ignore his remark. As he tries to prompt a reaction even further, the signal is given-

And I swung my leg.

It wasn't even three seconds; or two-- the crowd stifles into silence. The burly man with a big built seemed to tremble slightly as he tumbled onto the ground. For some reason, he was fumbling his arms around in a daze....as if he was still in a standing pose.

Woah.

......Compared to Jungkook, or even Jaegyu-- this man was almost like a toy.

Shoving my thoughts aside, I immediately bent down to retrieve the envelope of prize money he stole from the other guy. As Taehyung watches in awe at the sight of my feat, another hostile group of people suddenly approaches.

"...Give." they gestured threateningly to the envelope I was holding.

Taehyung, from the corner of my eye, seems to shift in motion. I turned to look at him, hinting that I could handle it myself.

"I won't." I say, and the words seem to stun them into a pause. "This envelope belongs to that poor man over there."

The hostile gang seems to hesitate slightly, but a suited man at the center grins before laughing into a fit.

"I like you." he says in a fit of chuckles. "Not anyone has a kickboxing style like yours. Keep the envelope and join under our wing."

Did...did I just get a recruitment offer from an underground ring boss..?

"No thanks." I simply answer, jumping over the boxing ropes. I walked straight towards the gaping victim and handed over his envelope.

I couldn't make out Taehyung's expression, but his smile seemed laden with fascination. I smile back at him and gestured for us to get the fuck out.

"I'll remember you." the suited man calls out to me, and I choose to ignore it.

"Holy!" Tae's voice rings into my ear excitedly as soon as we walked right out. "That was like- like! like super cool?!"

Trying my best to hold my smile, I continued walking in a straight line. Tae stares intently at my reddened ears and chuckles.

"Come on, not even a brag?" he teases. "Take more credit for what you did. "

"Hmph." I crossed my arms pridefully. "Only cool people speak less of their deeds."

Just as I said that, Tae's endearing expression turns into a loving smile. He nods, petting the top of my head with a playful chuckle.

________________________________

As soon as I got back on campus however- things weren't what I was used to.