26: I Think I Like You

Something is definitely off.

Jungkook hesitates a little— the cold of the knob sends him a shudder. He finally opens the door, revealing an equally impressive gym that carried professional boxing rings that his school had.

Damn. After all, this school is practically rivals with his.

In the middle, a well built athlete seems to command the attention, as those who gathered around him admired his technique. The trained boxer shows a slight smile as he slowly teaches his juniors about the basic stances, passion avid in his eyes.

Something that Jungkook hadn't seen in Jaegyu before.

Maybe because Jaegyu was so sharply focused on defeating Jungkook, that he didn't actually expect him to look so expressive when he's at his ground. It was almost as if his boxing mitts were part of him— part of his hands, even. He held a stance that told of thousand different practice sessions; Jungkook could tell.

But that wasn't the matter in this case. He was off. Suspicious. He was sus.

"Hey." Jungkook merely walks towards him, oblivious to the shocks on their faces. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Jaegyu also seems surprised by this little visit. "About what? You're going to lose in the preliminaries anyway— talking me out of it ain't gonna work."

"Not....that." The boy observes closely in an habitual manner as Jaegyu applies his punches onto the sandbag. "I want to declare something."

"Spit it. I haven't got time." Jaegyu replies, glare intent on Jungkook.

"I'll cut to the chase. If you ever did intentionally put Soa in danger, I won't forgive you."

Almost in immediate reaction to his words, Jaegyu lets out a mocking laugh.

"So you came all the way here to accuse me of putting him in danger? What evidence do you have of me doing that?" He merely replies, throwing aside his towel.

"No matter what you have done to tweak the physical examination scores, it doesn't work. Soa is strong." Jungkook calmly threatens before turning to leave the room.

"That puny guy? You believe in him?"

With that, Jungkook turns his head around with a proud smile. "Yeah."

"I believe in Soa."

_______________________________________

"What do I do..." I contemplate as I pace around the room, troubled by the event that occurred earlier.

Haneul definitely is suspicious of me. She's onto something— but what do I do?

She's going to find out that I'm a girl.

"Ughh!" I groan, ruffling my hair together. What a pain.

Just then— admist my fumbling, I've knocked over a box that was stacked with books and DVDs. As I squatted down to pick them up, I realised that some books underneath the several movie titles were....

Uh.

"Is this Jungkook's porn stash?" I mumbled to myself, flipping over images of naked body parts.

He must've studied.

As I flip through the images, I begun to wonder what kind of styles he liked. Just right then and there— my head was filled with various costume ideas and scenarios. It becomes a sort of study session— as I flip through the glossy pages of the dirty magazines.

I would've continued, until I realised a figure was standing beside me.

Fuck my life.

"J-J-J-J-Jungkook??" my words simultaneously combusted.

He was wearing jeans, with a denim jacket, looking godly as ever. A slight blush occupies his cheeks as he silently picks up the books, stacking them neatly into the box.

"I didn't know you were interested in these things." He says, and I almost migrated to the South Pole.

The two of us sat there silently as the time passes, the tension in the air unbearably awkward.

However, I seem to notice that Jungkook seems to be less energetic as usual— he always had some sort of energy, whether the situation, and was filled with mischief. Now, however, he stares closely at me with vulnerability.

And then he dropped a question.

"Can I kiss you?" His eyes darkened as he looks cautiously at me, then at my lips, and back to me.

At that point in time, I was completely rendered speechless. "Uh, I ....Uhm..." My eyes seem to divert everywhere but him.

But Jungkook was different. He stares intently at me, straightforward with his moves. He slowly inches closer to me, and I closed my eyes tightly— giving him permission.

Firstly, he brushes his lips so ever slightly against mine teasingly— but it wasn't for long. Jungkook's soft lips kisses me slowly, sweetly, like a divine kind of madness. The kiss was slow, hot and cold— like a sweet, sweet smoothie.

"Soa..." He pulls away slightly, hand intertwined in mine.

"I think I like you."